Gradate International Sales Executive
- 19th Apr ’21
Fantastic opportunity in Wales for a customer focused graduate, with loads of scope for progression and international travel
Highly respected in their field for over 20 years, they are experts in domestic and international shipping and logistics. From antiques and fine art to personal possessions and even pets, they expertly assist their customers with complex relocations.
Customers are at the heart of this family-run business. With an annual group turnover in excess of £10m, they are rapidly growing and can offer a supportive environment for a graduate looking to start their long-term career.
International Sales Exec
TThe department is responsible for helping customers with domestic moves internationally.
Customers include famous artists, FTSE 250 CEOs, international footballers (does the name Zlatan mean anything to you?) and other VIP clients but also your everyday home mover.
- Calling customers in response to inbound enquiries ? so no cold-calling
- Introducing business services and understand the needs of the customers
- Booking surveyors to meet customers onsite, reviewing their reports and providing quotes. Your target will be 15-20 quotes per week
- Speaking to international agents to get rates
- Securing the sales and arranging payments
- Upselling insurance
The salary is £22K plus commission earned on leads converted and insurance sold. Realistically expect an extra £200-300 per month but could be much more. Working hours are 8am ? 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
Industry specific training is on offer and the business will put you through external courses such as sales training, insurance accreditations, shipping and customs.
Progression; Whilst initially this is very much an office-based role, within 6-12 months it is expected that you will be able to meet valuable customers, attend events and conferences and meet with trade partners internationally. Pre-pandemic trips included Amsterdam, south of France, Dubai and Tokyo!
The business sees this role a great platform to learn and develop your career. Opportunities available in import and export, key account management, head of department and even at director level. The head of this department came in as a graduate and has been promoted 4 times!
- You must have already graduated. Preference is for a 2.1 equivalent or above but a 2.2 will be considered based on other experience
- Driving license
- Driven to be successful
- Fantastic customer service skills and empathy
- It would be a bonus you have experienced plenty of travel
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again