Essity - Graduate Finance Programme
- Dunstable, Bedfordshire
- 31st Jan ’22
Start date: September 2022
Essity is a leading global hygiene and health company. We are dedicated to improving well-being through our products and services. Our leading brands include Cushelle, Plenty, Velvet, Tena, and Bodyform. Working at Essity is not just a career; it is a chance to directly make the world a healthier, more hygienic, and safer place. At Essity, we believe every career is as unique as the individual and empower employees to reach their full potential in a winning culture motivated by a powerful purpose. Our commitment is supported by our beliefs: We are committed, we care, we collaborate and we have courage.
The Essity GO! Program offers you a real job with real responsibilities from day one. Within our Professional Hygiene Sales and Marketing team, we are looking for someone to join to help shape the future at Essity.
How the programme is broken up:
You will experience working both in our Sales and Marketing finance team based in Dunstable in your first year, and then also gain full supply chain financial experience by spending your 2nd year in our Manufacturing finance team in Skelmersdale (between Liverpool and Manchester). You will therefore be flexible to relocate during your graduate programme.
This full financial experience will really set you up for future career opportunities. The GO! Program is a great way to start to use those skills you have learned and put them to the test, while you take the driver's seat in your development. If you are an ambitious person looking to make an impact, this is the role for you! Working at Essity is not just a career; it is a chance to directly make the world a healthier, more hygienic, and safer place.
At Essity, we believe every career is as unique as the individual and empower employees to reach their full potential in a winning culture motivated by a powerful purpose. Our commitment is supported by our beliefs: We are committed, we care, we collaborate, and we have courage.
What you will do:
At Essity, we see graduates as playing an important role in challenging the status quo, driving change, and making a positive impact on the business and on hygiene and health globally. As GO! Graduate Finance, you will learn and understand financial processes, methodologies, and value creation in different parts of the organization. You will build skill versatility within different areas of finance: both in sales and marketing and supply chain, developing your accounting skills along the way. You will get involved in a variety of tasks including:
- Provide support on the forecasting, budgeting, and closing process with the objective to run those processes independently
- Prepare and analyze KPI reports
- Provide deviations analysis and take part in gap closing activities
- Follow up discounts and rebates to customers in Sales and Marketing Controlling
- Analyze product cost or manufacturing performance and provide recommendation
- Analyze P and Ls for the site, product, and or customer
- Prepare expense and investment follow up reports
- Closely cooperates with and provides support to internal stakeholders, such as local Management Teams, other Finance functions, and others
Who you are:
- You have a Bachelor's degree in a financial, accountancy, or mathematical-based bachelor's degree completed at program start. You have a maximum of 24 months of work experience after graduation. Work experience is not required, but appropriate internships in the industry are an advantage.
- You have a willingness to travel and relocation during the programme is necessary - Year 1 Dunstable area and Year 2 Skelmersdale (North-West region).
- You have an interest in developing and leading yourself, a curiosity to learn new things, and an ability to inspire people to achieve things together. With your solution-oriented approach, you are eager to make a difference and have the courage to act on your own ideas.
- You are a great networker and communicator who is confident in developing relationships with people at all levels of the business
- You have strong learning agility and ability to adapt to change.
- You are self-motivated, have a passion to succeed and you thrive in a changing environment.
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary
- Career and learning opportunities
- 27 days annual leave
- Pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Collaborative and caring company culture
If your application is successful you will be invited to an online test as the first step of the screening process.