Trading Platform Delivery Engineer
- Woking, Surrey
- 14th Oct ’20
- 21 days left!
A leading supplier of global financial trading software. The company has offices in New York, London, Paris, Tokyo and Hong Kong with development centres located in each major region. The company is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is globally renowned for its financial software products. Their applications are sold in all of the world's major financial centres to top-tier investment banks.
When combined with the implementation skills of more than 150 experienced specialists, the company's trading platform has become the natural choice for the majority of the world's top tier investment banks.
They are seeking talented, enthusiastic and productive individuals to join the EMEA Service Delivery group as a member of the EMEA Trading Platform Delivery department.
This department is responsible for implementing and maintaining multi-asset, sell-side trading platforms on a managed, Software as a Service (SaaS) basis. It also provides specialist consultancy services to an Enterprise client base. As a Trading Platform Delivery Engineer, you will be responsible for the implementation and configuration of the Trading Platform software. This includes building new customer systems, performing software upgrades, enabling new functionality and handling customer change and enhancement requests including the delivery of bespoke software solutions via a software delivery cycle.
As you develop, client-facing opportunities may become available. This may include liaising directly with clients to understand their functional requirements or to work on-site (in an Investment Bank or Brokerage House in London or in another European country) for a period of time. This demanding and varied role will offer many technical and professional challenges, with the opportunity to learn about global financial trading markets.
- To build, configure, test and deploy trading platforms for new customers.
- To enable, configure, test and deploy additional services upon request.
- To analyse, design, develop, configure, test and deploy solutions to specific customer requirements.
- To ensure that all client systems and configurations are "fit for purpose" upon delivery.
- To maintain a constant service to the existing customer base via the delivery of frequent upgrades and maintenance to ensure compatibility with European Stock exchanges and other software vendors, in a dynamic, constantly changing marketplace.
- To provide support before, during and after the roll-out of software changes.
- To write and maintain technical documentation relating to the upgrading, maintenance and deployment of systems, products and services.
- To attend internal meetings to discuss the progress of assigned tasks and key initiatives.
- To attend external meetings with clients as required.
- To liaise with the customer or internal teams and provide regular progress updates for their key issues or deliverables.
- To escalate issues to your line manager or project manager as appropriate.
- Must be able to demonstrate superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have knowledge of at least one programming or scripting language.
- Although not a pure development role, there is a requirement to be able to understand code, and programming fundamentals and to have an ability to develop software solutions using the software building blocks provided by the company.
- Must have a degree in a Computer Science, Engineering or a numerate discipline of grade 2:1 (or equivalent) or above or relevant industrial experience.
- To have experience of Linux or UNIX.
- Must be able to demonstrate good attention to detail, be organised and proactive.
- Must be able to demonstrate initiative.
- Must be able to demonstrate a strong analytical approach to problem solving.
- Must be able to work as part of a team, whilst also assuming responsibility for your own work.
- Must have an ability to create and maintain strong working relationships, both with customers and internal business and technical groups.
- Must be able to take ownership of assigned tasks, anticipate potential problems and take prompt pre-emptive actions, if required. Ensures that all tasks are completed to a very high standard.
- Must be eager to learn new skills to enhance capability.