- London, London
- 23rd Oct ’20
- 24 days left!
A rapidly growing, independent consultancy that provides both business and technical solutions to top-tier and boutique investment clients.
This role will be as a member of the rapidly expanding professional services team, who provide technical solutions to their growing client base. The candidate's primary duties will centre around all technical areas of client data migrations. You will be involved with clients at all stages of the process, from initial design meetings and requirements gathering to preparing and cleansing the data, performing the migrations, and dealing with any problems that may arise. Further, you will have the opportunity to work directly with clients to suggest bespoke data optimisations as well as designing the look and feel of the data visualisations.
This role will have the following major duties and responsibilities:
- Liaise with client business users and IT teams to gather and assist in defining detailed requirements and functional specifications.
- Implement and support all technical aspects of data migrations.
- Use SQL and Excel to manipulate data with some scripting as necessary.
- Ensure all work meets prescribed standards in design and quality.
- Document all work and communications to a high professional standard.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to 'think outside the box'.
- A 'can do' attitude - willingness to accept challenges and innovative approaches.
- Quick to grasp new concepts.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Understand concepts of database and systems architecture, including knowledge of SQL.
- Prior practical programming experience, particularly within the .NET frameworks and experience with using SQL within a SQL Server environment.
- MS Excel (Advanced); a knowledge of Excel formulas as well as a proficiency in writing VBA macros.
- Good time management and organisational skills, with an ability to multi-task and balance parallel work streams independently.
- Minimum 2.1 level degree in a numerate, IT or business systems related discipline.