SQL Server DBA
- Basingstoke, Hampshire
- 5th Mar ’20
My client is an award-winning IT consultancy and modern managed services provider specialising in Oracle, Microsoft and Cloud Technologies. They have over 800 employees across the UK and work with a range of successful organisations.
You will be representing the company through a mix of support and consultancy work.
The main purpose of the role is split into two areas:
Managed Services Support (approx 80%);
- Maintain support for managed clients, responding to tickets and support functions
- Assist with 3rd level support issues
- Assist with covering in hours support
- Understand and help with client installs of their enterprise monitoring solutions
- On call support
Consultancy and Presales (approx 20%);
- Working with customers and delivery partners to help define and deliver solutions based on Microsoft's data stack.
- Participate in database projects
- Work with management to resolve account issues and manage customer incidents
- Work proactively work the sales and pre-sales teams
- Provide leadership to support marketing teams
Their customers are generally based in south eastGreater London, so you may be required to stay away from home during the working week.
- Extensive SQL DBA experience (Five or more years')
- Experience with SQL 2000 to 2017
- Understanding of Windows and core services. E.g. Active Directory, DNS
- Willingness to travel to client sites across London, when required
- Microsoft Azure implementation and support
- Transact-SQL programming skills
- Multi-Cloud experience
- Business intelligence expertise
- .Net development experience
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again