Senior Network Support Engineer
- Woking, Surrey
- 24th Sep ’19
- 5 days left!
Our client is a leading supplier of global financial trading software. The company has offices in New York, London, Paris, Tokyo and Hong Kong with development centres located in each major region. The company is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is globally renowned for its financial software products. Their applications are sold in all of the world's major financial centres to top-tier investment banks.
When combined with the implementation skills of more than 150 experienced specialists, the company's trading platform has become the natural choice for the majority of the world's top tier investment banks.
We are seeking an experienced Data Centre professional with a focus on Cisco and Juniper. Arista and Redhat Enterprise experience is advantageous.
The role will be based in the European Data Centre department and offers the chance to work within a fast-paced, concentrated team, dedicated to supporting the hardware and network services that underpin the systems. The ability to multi-task and prioritise work in a fast-paced environment will be central to success in this role. The role would be ideally suited to someone who is looking to drive forward their career progression within a Data Centre team.
An element of the role will involve occasional out of hours and weekend work when performing maintenance on certain infrastructure.
It is important that you are comfortable in front of clients when discussing complex networking solutions including Juniper Clusters, BGP, VRF etc. This role requires experience and provides technical leadership in networking to other members of the Operations team. Juniper and Cisco experience in equal measures is essential.
- An excellent and demonstrable understanding of dynamic routing protocols including BGP and OSPF.
- An excellent understanding of network protocols such as VRRP, HSRP and VARP.
- An excellent understanding of network troubleshooting techniques, including packet captures through Wireshark and trace analysis.
- Strong analytical skills.
- An ability to understand and articulate complex network configurations spanning multiple physical sites.
- Comfortable in leading client engagements from a technical perspective.
- Experience in a Data Centre team with hands on experience in a Data Centre facility - Data Centre racking and cabling is essential.