Business Intelligence Developer
- London, London
- 7th Oct ’20
- 7 days left!
A rapidly growing, independent consultancy that provides both business and technical solutions to top-tier and boutique investment clients.
This role will be as a member of the expanding professional services team, who provide technical solutions to a growing client base. The candidate will be given the opportunity to get involved in all areas of the business from day one. Services include;
- Requirements gathering and specification.
- Report development, delivery and maintenance.
- Testing and reconciliation.
- Software implementation and configuration.
- Data cleansing and migration.
- Provide technical solutions to client issues, for instance integration between software packages.
This role will have the following major duties and responsibilities:
- Provide software support for clients for technical and development queries.
- Liaise with client business users and IT teams to gather and assist in defining detailed requirements and functional specifications for report or development requests.
- Develop and deliver reports through the use of SQL, SAS and Excel VBA (training provided).
- Ensure quality and timeliness of delivery and assist in the enhancement of reporting methodologies.
- Use of programming skills to provide technical solutions to client issues.
- Ensure all work meets prescribed standards in design and quality.
- Document all work and communications to a high professional standard.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to 'think outside the box'.
- A 'can do' attitude - willingness to accept challenges and innovative approaches.
- Quick to grasp new concepts.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Understand concepts of database and systems architecture, including knowledge of SQL.
- Prior practical programming experience, particularly within the .NET frameworks and experience with using SQL within a SQL Server environment.
- MS Excel (Advanced); a knowledge of Excel formulas as well as a proficiency in writing VBA macros.
- Good time management and organisational skills, with an ability to multi-task and balance parallel work streams independently.
- Minimum 2.1 level degree in a numerate, IT or business systems related discipline.