Business Intelligence Consultant
- London, London
- 25th Mar ’21
- 27 days left!
A rapidly growing, independent consultancy that provides both business and technical solutions to top-tier and boutique investment clients.
This role will be as a member of their expanding professional services team, who provide technical solutions to the growing client base. The candidate will be given the opportunity to get involved in all areas of the business from day one. Services include;
- Requirements gathering and specification.
- Report development, delivery and maintenance.
- Testing and reconciliation.
- Software implementation and configuration.
- Data cleansing and migration.
- Provide technical support for existing software users.
This role will have the following major duties and responsibilities:
- Provide software support for clients for technical and development queries.
- Liaise with client business users and IT teams to gather and assist in defining detailed requirements and functional specifications for report or development requests.
- Develop and deliver reports through the use of SQL, SAS and Excel VBA (training provided).
- Ensure quality and timeliness of delivery and assist in the enhancement of reporting methodologies.
- Ensure all work meets prescribed standards in design and quality.
- Document all work and communications to a high professional standard.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to 'think outside the box'.
- A 'can do' attitude - willingness to accept challenges and innovative approaches.
- Quick to grasp new concepts.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Understand concepts of database and systems architecture, including knowledge of SQL.
- MS Excel (Advanced) - A knowledge of Excel formulas as well as a proficiency in writing VBA macros.
- Good time management and organisational skills, with an ability to multi-task and balance parallel work streams independently.
- Minimum 2:1 level degree (or equivalent) in a numerate, IT or business systems related discipline.