Leading graduate recruiters such as EY, Investec, MBDA and Electronic Arts were treated to two engaging presentations from a video interviewing expert and a University Head of Careers. Philippa Hewett from SOAS Careers Service kicked off with their “View From Campus” followed by Tom Stroud, CEO of Tazio, giving advice and insights on how best to use video for interviewing and selecting graduates. I have summarised the two hour event into three takeaways that can make a real difference to your graduate recruitment in 2017.
1. WONKHE – Do you visit this site? Lots of useful information and updates from the world of HE to keep recruiters informed. Did you know, for instance, that 54% of final year students still have no career objectives? Could you present a career with you to this captive audience and steal a march on your competitors?
2. Video Screening – Huge shift in recruiters adopting video interviewing over telephone interviewing to screen graduates. Saves travel expenses and allows for better scheduling.
3. Tips – Start with a video introduction, choose a maximum of six questions, avoid closed questions and randomise the order.
This is just a flavour of the topics covered during a typical GRN event. To join please apply for membership and receive invites for future events. Our 2017 events calendar is as follows;
• September 12th 9am-11am. 1 King Street, London EC2V 8AU
• December 13th 9am-11am. 1 King Street, London EC2V 8AU
It's free and a fantastic opportunity to develop as a professional graduate recruiter in your sector with a diverse range of graduate recruiters facing the same challenges.
Interested in attending our next event?
Contact Dan Hawes on:
+44 (0)1273 200411
Normal hours of business:
Monday to Thursday - 8:30am-6:30pm
Friday - 8.30am-4:30pm
What is your recruitment challenge? Chances are we have done something similar before so you are in good hands.
We have a large team of fully trained consultants based in our Brighton and London offices who manage recruitment projects for various market sectors.
There are endless channels to reach this market, and through pure experience, we know the most effective.