- East Sussex
- £22-28K OTE
- 4th Jan ’17
The Graduate Recruitment Bureau (GRB) is a market leading recruitment consultancy. We specialise in placing graduates and graduates with experience into roles across a range of industries. Founded in 1996 we now employ nearly 50 people in London and our Brighton HQ and have a turnover of £2 million.
We are constantly expanding and are looking to fuel this with the best graduate talent to train and develop. Our work in this area was recently rewarded with Investors in People Accreditation.
We are looking for graduates to join us initially in our entry-level role of Resourcer. New hires can expect comprehensive training from Senior Consultants and Directors in order to be successful in the following activities:
- Sourcing candidates from both internal and external databases.
- Calling candidates, qualifying them for suitability for certain jobs, and pitching those jobs to them.
- Learning about the technical aspects of various market sectors.
- Posting job advertisements on our website and handling incoming response.
- Arranging for selected candidates to interview with clients.
- Researching new clients in various market sectors.
- Building working relationships with key decision-makers within potential new clients, and eventually receiving their permission to find graduate-level candidates for their relevant open vacancies.
We look to promote from within and in 6-9 months you should be making steps to become a fully-fledged Recruitment Consultant. With this extra responsibility you will be:
- Achieving performance targets in business development, candidate screening and placements.
- Working in conjunction with Resourcers to generate candidates to fill the graduate-level positions required by clients.
- Telephone interviewing candidates on behalf of clients.
- Arranging interviews and assessment days for graduates and undergraduates on behalf of clients, including interview preparation and feedback.
- Managing the offer process and making job offers.
The starting salary for this position is £19k and commission should take this to £22-28k in your first year. Second year earnings will be between £30-50k if you hit your targets. We offer annual salary reviews, a dress-down environment, 'Star of the Month' prizes, 25 days holiday and potential stock options. Our environment can be described as hard-working, fun and consultative, rather than cut-throat.
- The highest standard of written and spoken English.
- The ability to build long-lasting relationships with senior decision-makers within target companies.
- Display sufficient integrity to enable candidates to trust your judgement and intentions.
- Determination to pursue clients and candidates when your first attempts are initially rejected.
- A 'thick skin' to recover quickly from negative responses.
- Capacity for hard work.
- We are ideally looking for graduates with an honours degree of a 2:2 or above (or equivalent) in any subject, preferably with a business element.
- Sales experience is preferable but we will also consider other forms of office experience.
- Interesting extra-curricular activities are also of interest (e.g. sports success, Duke of Edinburgh).
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again