Linklaters Trainee Legal Project Manager
- London, London
- 25th Oct ’18
As one of the leading global law firms, we undertake the most important and challenging assignments for the world's leading companies, financial institutions and governments, helping them to achieve their objectives by solving their complex legal issues.
We believe that the strength and depth of our practices, our client relationships, our sector approach, the quality of our people and our global platform give us significant competitive advantage.
Legal project management applies project management techniques to the legal industry with the aim of increasing the efficiency of project delivery and further enhancing the client experience. Linklaters launched the Legal Project Management Trainee Scheme in August 2018 as part of the continual drive to provide the firm and clients with the brightest talent in the market for alternative legal support and advice. We are now looking to recruit for our 2019 programme.
Candidates interested in this role will be highly motivated individuals, with a hard working ethic, clear communications skills and a desire to work for a leading global law firm.
- Working to ensure core project controls are in place such as Engagement Terms and Working Parties Lists
- Supporting the creation of client plans and resource models using the appropriate software
- Developing project budgets taking into consideration internal profitability factors and the client's requirements
- Supporting the ongoing management of client commercials
- Understanding the reporting requirements of the team and determining how the reports can be produced in the most efficient manner.
- Assisting decision making about the format and level of information to be shared with clients
- Contributing to and chairing project meetings Introducing structured communication channels - weekly calls with agenda, distribution lists, organisation charts
- Supporting project debriefs
- Motivated and enthusiastic, willing to learn new skills and take on responsibility
- Confident communicator with the ability to adapt both written and verbal communication styles
- Strong team player willing to assist colleagues to meet deadlines
- Demonstrates commitment to maintaining high levels of customer service
- Good problem-solving ability
- Ability to work with numbers and understand financial concepts
- Ability to work flexibly in a dynamic, fast-paced and sometimes high-pressured work environment
- Ability to prioritise workloads quickly, often in busy periods, in a calm manner
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good business acumen
- 2:1 Degree (or equivalent)
- Working knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power-Point)
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again