Lead Developer C#
- 2nd Jun ’18
- 5 days left!
They specialise in managing and promoting clients' brands, providing customer services and developing the technological solutions that clients need.
Technology creates and innovates the software needed to run their global online B2C gaming operations, including systems for Customer Service, Marketing, CRM, brand website development, DWHBI, web analytics and the supporting frameworks and tools for one of the largest global online gaming groups. Their dynamic environment is fast paced, using Agile and self-organising principles for teams to deliver the highest quality new products.
Purpose of Job
Working in a technically challenging and fast-paced environment, the lead developer will be responsible for managing a team of software developers providing strong direction and refinement of the agile development processes. They will ensure industry standard best practices are being followed by the team while they work towards implementing technical solutions to priority business needs.
This role will suit candidates with strong communication skills who are capable of building strong relationships throughout the business. They will be able to work with product owners and solution architects to manage stakeholders across a range of business areas to ensure maximum value is being added by the team and promoting the work they complete.
The position will involve the following areas of responsibility:
- Line managing developers in the scrum team (including holiday and sickness, performance management, bi-annual reviews)
- Recruitment and resource planning for the team
- Developing training programmes to allow developers to improve technical knowledge
- Assisting and mentoring developers in solution design and technical implementation
- Refinement of the development process (including CICD and QA practices, scrum team discipline, resource allocation and cross-team collaboration)
- Working with architects and developers in designing and planning technical solutions to meet business requirements
- Aid in upkeep, support and maintenance of existing products, improving monitoring processes where required
- Taking part in team activities such as collaborative-development and code-reviews
- Experience and a passion for managing software developers
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with others and work well within a team
- Capable of building relationships across different stakeholder groups
- Ability to keep up with a growing, fast-paced environment
- Agile Scrum experience
- Able to anticipate how business requirements will impact system performance
- Excellent understanding of C#, WPF, SQL Server and Queue based systems
- Experience with building services (e.g. Web API or WCF)
- Experience with build and deployment tools (e.g. MSBuild, TeamCity, OctopusDeploy)
- Experience with unit testing (NUnit, MSTest, Moq)
- Experience with source control systems (Git, TFS)
- Status logging and monitoring of 24h hour systems
- Experience with Microsoft Azure
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Microsoft certified