Graduate Trainee Insurance Headhunter
- London, London
- £35,000 ote
- 31st Jan ’19
Boutique-sized headhunting firm with specialist focus on recruiting business leaders within national and international insurance markets. They are a member of The Recruitment and Employment Confederation and directed by a seriously successful recruitment expert who has over 17 years experience in the sector.
There are two graduate positions available to start immediately. This is a professional consultative sales job where you will be looking to headhunt market leading candidates for senior level roles in insurance. The majority of your work will be telephone-based and client-facing.
Reasons to join:
- The average salary of the vacancies they work on is £85K, with a range of £50-200K. This means average fees are £16-17K.
- Commission is fantastic. Researchers get 5% of fees on deals. Consultants get anywhere from 15% to 40% making the potential earnings in your first year of £30k+ very achievable.
- Progression from Researcher to Consultant is achievable within 6-12 months.
- Directors have vast amounts of industry experience.
- They have very little competition in what they do.
- 35-40% of their work is on retainer, nearly everything else they work on is still on an exclusive basis.
- They are on the PSL of the majority of insurance firms in the city including giants like AXA and Marsh to small operators and start-ups.
- They are located in the city, with all of their clients and prospective candidates being within a five-minute radius of their office. Makes it easier to organise candidate meetings either in the office or off-site.
- They offer training accredited by Mike Walmsley, a well-known and respected authority in recruitment training. They have a 400 page recruitment manual and cover topics in a series of weekly sessions including CV searching, headhunting methods, business development and account development.
The starting salary is circa £20-22K and with commission you should be looking at breaking £35K in your first year, with much higher earnings thereafter.
- Sales focused at all times.
- Assists and helps colleagues when required.
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity.
- Represents the business professionally to both internal and external clients.
- Demonstrates a keenness to learn and develop.
- Ability to negotiate with clients and candidates.
Preference is for those with strong pre-university education, at least a 2.1 (or equivalent) at degree level and experience in a commercial office environment, ideally in Sales. Ideally you will also have interesting achievements outside of work and academia.
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again