Graduate Trainee Insurance Headhunter
- London, London
- £35,000 ote
- 2nd Nov ’18
- 19 days left!
Boutique-sized headhunting firm with specialist focus on recruiting business leaders within national and international insurance markets. They are a member of The Recruitment and Employment Confederation and directed by a seriously successful recruitment expert who has over 17 years experience in the sector.
There are two graduate positions available to start immediately. This is a professional consultative sales job where you will be looking to headhunt market leading candidates for senior level roles in insurance. The majority of your work will be telephone-based and client-facing.
Reasons to join:
- The average salary of the vacancies they work on is £85K, with a range of £50-200K. This means average fees are £16-17K.
- Commission is fantastic. Researchers get 5% of fees on deals. Consultants get anywhere from 15% to 40% making the potential earnings in your first year of £30k+ very achievable.
- Progression from Researcher to Consultant is achievable within 6-12 months.
- Directors have vast amounts of industry experience.
- They have very little competition in what they do.
- 35-40% of their work is on retainer, nearly everything else they work on is still on an exclusive basis.
- They are on the PSL of the majority of insurance firms in the city including giants like AXA and Marsh to small operators and start-ups.
- They are located in the city, with all of their clients and prospective candidates being within a five-minute radius of their office. Makes it easier to organise candidate meetings either in the office or off-site.
- They offer training accredited by Mike Walmsley, a well-known and respected authority in recruitment training. They have a 400 page recruitment manual and cover topics in a series of weekly sessions including CV searching, headhunting methods, business development and account development.
The starting salary is circa £20-22K and with commission you should be looking at breaking £35K in your first year, with much higher earnings thereafter.
- Sales focused at all times.
- Assists and helps colleagues when required.
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity.
- Represents the business professionally to both internal and external clients.
- Demonstrates a keenness to learn and develop.
- Ability to negotiate with clients and candidates.
Preference is for those with strong pre-university education, at least a 2.1 (or equivalent) at degree level and experience in a commercial office environment, ideally in Sales. Ideally you will also have interesting achievements outside of work and academia.