Graduate Systems Software Engineer
- London, London
- 10th Feb ’19
An exciting new startup focusing on cyber security is looking ready for their next growth phase. Standing at 50 strong they have impressive plans for the upcoming year.
Despite their relative youth, their products are already being used by large organisations with tens of thousands of employees across sectors including banking, insurance, media, telco, law and government.
Working as a systems software engineer you will be focusing on the client's core platform software, including the low-level board support packages, system management software, core platform software, web services and user interfaces.
You will contribute to all aspects of product engineering within the team and your day to day duties will include:
- Product software development.
- Engineering improvement.
- Integration, testing and sustainment.
- Contributing to new innovative products that could be brought to market.
In addition to the specific software engineering responsibilities above, you are encouraged to get involved in the wider business where possible. By way of example, this could include getting involved with customer trials, helping to write customer-facing documentation or building and setting up demonstrations to support marketing events.
- 2:1 or First class level result in a relevant subject in Engineering, Maths, or other Science subject.
- You should have solid C++ coding skills and have either some internship engineering experience, a year in industry or some relevant post graduate work experience.
- You are self-motivated, enjoy technical challenges and delivering results.
- You are flexible and adaptable and can cope when thrown in at the deep end.
- You recognise the importance of planning, prioritisation and getting work done on schedule.
- You can communicate well, both verbally and in writing.
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again