- 10th Jan ’17
A successful family-run civil engineering and construction contractor. Working on a range of commercial, industrial and civil projects, they pride themselves on providing a comprehensive and high quality service to their clients.
Due to an increase in workload, they are looking to take on another graduate to assist the Senior Quantity Surveyor across a variety of construction and civil engineering projects. You will be mentored and trained from day one working across these projects. Responsibilities will be varied and you can expect to be up to all sorts including:
- Cost control and planning of construction projects
- Material enquiries and liaising with suppliers
- Placing orders and authorising payment
- Visiting sites and confidently communicating with clients on projects
This will be a diverse role with a clear path for progression and increased responsibility in the company. There are numerous professional training opportunities should you wish to pursue these and also frequent reviews of performance in the company.
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess a degree in Quantity Surveying, Estimating or Construction Management
- Have experience of exposure to construction sites, ideally in a QS or estimating role or related
- Demonstrate a practical nature and willingness to get involved in all aspects of projects
- Be able to work well in a team
- Have excellent communication skills
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again