Graduate Software Support Analyst
- Woking, Surrey
- 30th Oct ’18
A leading supplier of global financial trading software. The company has offices and development centres located in each major international region. They are listed on the London Stock Exchange and globally renowned for their financial software products. Their applications are sold in all of the world's major financial centres to top-tier investment banks.
Based within an easy commute of Clapham or London Waterloo, they are seeking to hire graduates to join their Support team as Graduate Software Support Analysts. This particular role sits within the team focusing on global exchange connectivity.
Day to day duties will be varied and include:
- Investigating and resolving reported issues.
- Communicating updates effectively and promptly to the customer.
- Logging, prioritising and keeping issues up to date on the issues tracking system.
- Building up and maintaining knowledge of the company's database structure, configuration files, integration and business flows, to assist in issue investigation.
- Liaising with other groups internally as necessary, as dictated by the course of issue investigation, including product development, service delivery implementation and data centre engineers.
- Computer Science or IT-related degree; 2:2 level or above.
- Desire to learn both technical and business elements of customer work flow.
- Ability to communicate confidently and concisely using business and technical acumen.
- Ability to create and maintain strong working relationships, both with customers and internally.
- Calmness under pressure and ability to maintain good humour, particularly in the face of adversity.
- Good grounding in and desire to develop technical skills such as database and SQL knowledge, the Unix. operating system, networking (unicast and multicast) and coding in languages such as Python, C++ or Java.
- You need to be happy to work on a shift pattern after probation which can be discussed at interview.
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again