Graduate Software Engineer
- London, London
- 11th Jul ’19
- 24 days left!
An exciting new startup focusing on cyber security is looking ready for their next growth phase. Standing at 50 strong they have impressive plans for the upcoming year.
Despite their relative youth, their products are already being used by large organisations with tens of thousands of employees across sectors including banking, insurance, media, telco, law and government.
As an application software engineer within this firm you will focus on elements of the software products that are visible to the end users including customers' Android and Firefox browsing environments.
You will be contributing to all aspects of product engineering including:
- Developing functionality for products.
- Developing user-facing components and related core system functionality and ensuring that the system as a whole provided a fantastic user experience.
- Contributing to the scoping and design of new software.
- Performing end-to-end integration and testing of software components and deploying them onto hardware through both manual and automated testing.
Not including the tasks above, you will be encouraged to get involved in the wider business where possible. For example, this could include getting involved with customer trails, helping to write customer facing documents and building and setting up demonstrations to support marketing events.
You will have a solid technical background including:
- First or 2:1 level degree in a relevant engineering, maths or science subject.
- You should have some experience of application development in Java and C++ or Android app development (this can be through summer placements, a year in industry or post graduate work experience).
- You will be self-motivated, enjoy technical challenges and have excellent communication skills.
Knowledge of the following is desirable:
- Android open-source projects.
- Browser or plug-in extension development.