- £37-40K DOE
- 11th Oct ’16
This leading developer and manufacturer of complex medical devices employs over 620 people across three UK sites. Working with major pharmaceutical companies across major European and US markets, this company's in house capabilities are world class.
The key purpose of this role is to carry out a range of design engineering activities for innovation projects to identify, design and develop new drug delivery products.
Working in the company's high spec innovation centre in Cambridge the role will involve:
- Procurement of prototype parts using rapid prototype techniques and processes.
- Liaising with appropriate suppliers, to procure tools and commission parts for new products to the agreed specification.
- Carrying out diligent laboratory testing, including creation of test protocols, designing and procuring test apparatus, analysis of results and report writing
- Contributing to the development of new drug delivery devices, from early stage product concepts to ready for clinical trial product
- Adopting a continuous improvement approach by proactively seeking out development opportunities by learning and attending training courses to ensure that department has right skills to deliver business needs.
- Educated to degree level (2:2 minimum grade) in Mechanical or Product Design Engineering
- Educated preferably to Master's or PhD level.
- Some relevant industry experience.
- Experience of using a 3D parametric CAD system such as SolidWorks for creating parts, assemblies and drawings.
- Experience of visualising new product concepts.
- Experience of engineering analysis and a working knowledge of FMEA and DFMA.
- Experience of a range of engineering processes including conducting test processes, writing reports (technical and design specification documentation), experimental diligence and the ability to collect, analyse and interpret data.
- Knowledge of a range of rapid prototyping techniques and processes.
- Ability to work in a multi-functional team and to build relationships with peers.
- Ability to manage own time and work in a fast paced environment.
- A 'can do' attitude and ability to work on own initiative.
We would like to see demonstrable experience of designing very small components, and any experience with polymers would be highly desirable.
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again