Graduate Java Engineer - Fintech
- Westminster, London Central
- 6th Nov ’18
A Fin-tech scale up, who provide a peer to peer lending platform, are seeking a graduate Java engineer.
This role will suit a technical graduate who wants to do more than just code. As an engineer it is more about how you solve the problem rather than just a solution.
You will start with a user story and then work on designing a solution spanning Micro-service, potentially including interface definition and messaging amongst others.
You role will include development, testing and deployment, as such collaboration with other team mates is a must. such as working with the scrum team.
The role will also see you adopt an "automate everything mindset" so expect to be working on continuous deployment pipelines and exposure to Jenkins
Above all this role will offer a graduate a rare chance to join a truly greenfield development team where you can expect to work on the latest methodologies and technologies.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Can code, preferably in Java but other OO languages will be considered.
- Your problem solving approach see you get to the core root of the issue.
- You have a good understanding of algorithms and data structures.
- You're a fast learner and self starter.
- You have an understanding of Agile, Micro-Servicesm cloud tech, docker containers and Synchronous v Asynchronous.
- You can find your way around LinuX OS.
Of course having a strong academic record is advantageous, however we are more interested in your previous tech projects, especially those completed in your own time.
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again