Graduate International Business Developer
- High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
- 14th Aug ’21
- 16 days left!
Are you a life sciences graduate or finalist looking for a relationship driven career?
We have a very interesting opportunity for a commercially minded life sciences profile. The client is open on start date so you can be on the market right now or finishing your studies and looking for a start date later in the year.
An innovative niche consultancy specialising in providing market intelligence, pricing and forecasting to most of the top 50 global pharmaceuticals firms including all of the top 10. All of their staff start at graduate level which means that growth is organic and the managers have been through the same path.
Role: International Business Development Executive
An excellent opportunity for someone with a life sciences background, who would enjoy the challenge of consultative sales. Conducting business on a global basis, your role will be varied and no week will be the same. Responsibilities include:
- Researching potential prospects. Understanding who major decision makers are in target companies, a bit like ?detective work?
- Finding ways of connecting with prospects, typically over phone, e-mail, LinkedIn etc
- Introducing consulting services around market access, pricing and forecasting. Qualifying interest and suitability to book in appointment with the prospect
- Pre-appointment research and preparation
- Attending business meetings with the assistance of senior BD exec, learning how to conduct sales meetings from them and taking more responsibility each time to eventually make the transition to running meetings
- Managing the sales and negotiation process
- Dealing with requests for proposals
- Training new clients on how to use the market research platform
In return you will get:
- Plenty of international travel (when "Covid safe" to do so)
- A competitive salary of £26K which rises to £29K at 6 month probation
- Car allowance of £4500 pa
- An annual bonus worth at least 10% of salary. Senior BDE's are earning up to 50% bonus
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays and a 5% company pension
- Lots of training and support from senior staff who have been through the same journey
- An ongoing development program tailored to your skill set and abilities
- The chance to work with other highly intelligent, dynamic individuals
- Graduate or finalist in life sciences degree (2.1 equivalent or above)
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Engaging and pleasant
- You will need to be a good relationship builder and active listener
- A proactive self-starter
- Must hold a driving license
- Must be aware that overseas travel is part of the role and happy with jumping on a plane