Graduate Defence Industry Conference Producer
- London, London Central
- £23K £23,000
- 24th Jan ’20
- 2 days left!
This company is a global leader in business to business information. They provide a range of services including highly targeted conferences.
As a conference producer, your job will be to research and produce the intellectual content of conferences and events within the defence sector. You will enjoy researching the market for hot topics, building relationships with key industry figures and producing exciting, market driven conference agendas.
You will report to the conference director and play a pivotal role in the development of new and existing events. The salary on offer is £23K plus bonus.
As an intellectually curious graduate you will be compensated with strong job satisfaction when a conference has been a success, as well as excellent promotion prospects and attractive financial rewards.
This is an immediate start role.
- Researching the viability of conference topics through in-depth research with senior level industry figures.
- Conducting both desk-based and telephone-based research.
- Producing an exciting and market driven conference agenda.
- Conducting meetings to determine which subjects are of interest to the market.
- Identifying strengths and weaknesses of competitor events.
- Identifying and contacting potential speakers.
- Writing promotional copy for brochures.
- Working with the marketing department to ensure the right market is being targeted.
- Working with other internal teams such as events and sales.
- Producing post conference reports.
- A 2:1 equivalent or above in a related subject such as history, politics, international relations, war studies, defence studies or similar.
- A graduate from a top university.
- Good A-Levels or equivalent qualifications.
- A strong interest in the defence industry.
- Fantastic communication and relationship building skills.
- Experience conducting telephone based research would be a bonus.
- Experience in a sales-related role such as sales or recruitment would also be a bonus.