- 11th Apr ’12
Our client is a leading supplier of global financial trading software. The company has offices in New York, London, Paris, Tokyo and Hong Kong with development centres located in each major region. The company is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is globally renowned for its financial software products. Their applications are sold in all of the world's major financial centres to top-tier investment banks.
When combined with the implementation skills of more than 150 experienced specialists, the company's trading platform has become the natural choice for the majority of the world's top tier investment banks.
My client is looking to hire a graduate to work for them as a Database Administrator. This role is for an immediate start so we are unable to consider candidates who are still in their final year at university. You will be responsible for providing specialist support for multiple Sybase servers run as part of the clients' hosted environment. The role involves working closely with other internal employees and external customers in order to provide an effective and high quality technical support service.
- Computer Science or IT-related degree (2.2 or above) or equivalent.
- Good grounding in relational database systems, SQL knowledge and UNIX.
- Ability to communicate confidently and concisely.
- Ability to create and maintain strong working relationships both with customers and internally.
- Calmness under pressure and ability to maintain good humour.
- Desire to learn both technical and business aspects of the equity trading markets, and the broad range of functions delivered across all aspects of the client's software.
- Available to work unsupervised one Saturday in every four to carry out routine maintenance tasks.
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again