Graduate Conference Producer
- London, London
- 15th Apr ’19
Are you interested in a commercial career that offers the opportunity to create world leading conferences and events? If so, this role could be for you.
This progressive company creates outstanding conferences and exhibitions at an international level within the oil and gas industry.
The role of a conference producer is to research, create and project manage world class events within the energy industry. You will gain hands on exposure to the whole process, which includes initial stage research, writing an agenda, speaker acquisition and on-site management at the event.
Furthermore, you will be involved in speaker and sponsor management for each event and will have the opportunity to work on large scale conferences, drinks receptions and private dinners. Most events in this sector take place across Europe so you will definitely have an opportunity to travel.
This role is about creating the content for the events and as such is very intellectually stimulating. The salary on offer is £23-25K with an excellent bonus.
This is not an events management role.
Those that have already graduated and those that are graduating in the summer are encouraged to apply.
- Helping to manage and lead 3 key events per year.
- Conducting in-depth market and industry research over the phone and face to face.
- Creating a topical conference agenda.
- Acquiring the best speakers for events.
- Building strong relationships with key stakeholders in the energy market.
- Working with the sales and marketing team.
- Project managing the events.
- Writing promotional copy.
- A 2:1 (or equivalent) in your degree discipline with Humanities and Language subjects being of interest.
- Ideally a graduate from a top university.
- An entrepreneurial and self-starting attitude.
- Very strong verbal communication skills.
- No experience in conference production is required, however those with some transferable experience during work experience, an internship or extra-curriculars would be a bonus.
- Those with experience in a sales or recruitment are encouraged to apply.
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again