Graduate Commercial Leadership Scheme
- Harrogate, Yorkshire
- 8th Nov ’18
- 8 days left!
Founded in 1954 this award winning group of businesses, now comprises six main operating divisions. These divisions offer the rental and sale of specialist products and associated services to a diverse range of end markets, including construction, civil engineering, rail, water, oil and gas, outdoor events and house-building.
This organisation is offering the opportunity for three graduates to join the company on a fantastic commercial leadership programme. The level of thought, structure and support put into this scheme is second to none, ensuring you are achieving your best throughout the rotations. If you are ambitious, confident and have a strong interest in all commercial functions of a business this scheme could be an outstanding way to start your career.
About the scheme?
This graduate scheme is a fixed 14 month rotational programme that will stretch, challenge and heavily develop your skills. The salary is £26,000 and the scheme has a start date of April-June 2019 dependent on your availability.
Rotations include spending time in a range of key business areas such as Operations, Sales and Marketing, Compliance, Hire Desk and Finance, as well as other commercial functions such as HR and IT. You will gain a thorough understanding of the organisation and have the opportunity to work across different divisions within the business and at different sites across the UK, which could include locations as wide afield as Aberdeen, Manchester, Leeds and Kent. As such, complete flexibility in working across the UK is required.
This is a hugely progressive company who are regularly acquiring other businesses, so this really is a unique opportunity to kick start your commercial career, have the opportunity to travel and potentially see yourself in a managerial position.
- A 2:1 level or equivalent in your chosen discipline.
- A degree in a traditional subject such as Engineering, Science, Geography, Economics or Business.
- You will need to be numerically confident.
- A valid EU driving licence is a must due to the level of travel within the role.
- Having a technical mind is useful, however what is key is having a commercial mindset and desire to work across all functions of a business.
- Excellent communication skills are a must as is the ability to have confidence in your ideas.
- A professional outlook.