Graduate Commercial Finance Scheme
- 28th Feb ’18
A global FMCG company behind the majority of household cleaning and healthcare products. As an organisation in the top 25 of companies listed on the London Stock Exchange, they are a true global leader.
- Are you motivated by finance, budgets and forecasting profits and margins?
- Do you want to study toward CIMA?
- Are you looking for a high profile graduate scheme to start in Summer 2018?
If so keep reading as this could be the opportunity for you.
We are working with a world-renowned FMCG business who are looking for multiple graduates to join their finance programme. The role will see you train to work as a Finance Business Partner and you will rotate through multiple business areas, collaborating with different business areas from a finance perspective. You could work on projects such as:
- Analysing whether a product promotion will prove profitable
- Assessing if a marketing re-brand will impact positively on that product's bottom line
- Identifying whether cost savings could be made during the manufacturing process
Real responsibility will be offered immediately after a thorough induction process. You will need to be flexible as you will work across different teams and will need to learn how finance partners impact on different business areas. Alongside this you will be given full support to study toward CIMA, allowing you to fully understand all areas of a true business finance role.
This is a challenging, fast-paced role where you will be encouraged to take on early responsibilities and to challenge ideas. This company operates a meritocratic environment and you can expect to progress into a leadership role; past graduate trainees now hold positions such as Finance Controller.
You need to have a genuine interest in Finance, therefore we encourage applications from candidates who have studied Accounting and Finance oriented degrees. However, we also want to hear from students of other disciplines if you can demonstrate why a career in Finance appeals.
In addition you should:
- Have strong communication skills; you will partner with different business areas and it is essential you can gain an understanding of their processes and communicate a finance view on all projects
- Be analytical; you will need to process and make decisions on large amounts of information
- Be able to take the initiative and ownership of key ideas
- Have leadership capabilities
- Want to challenge historical approaches to tasks, take responsibility and make your mark on projects
- Have a strong academic performance; 2:1 and 300 UCAS points or equivalent are preferred
- Work experience, including industrial placements or internships, would also be advantageous
Candidates must be available to start work September 2018.
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again