Forestry England Graduate Leadership Programme
- Lyndhurst, Hampshire
- 16th Dec ’19
If you have a love of the outdoors/environment, want to become a senior leader in the future and you also want to have the opportunity to make a real impact on a business, then Forestry England is the organisation for you.
We are part of the Forestry Commission and manage England's national forests and all the associated commercial and business interests.
The approx. 250,000-hectare forest estate is the single largest landholding in the country, comprising over 1,500 separate properties, a wide range of housing and commercial property, and a variety recreation/leisure business.
What does our Programme Involve?
We are looking for up to two graduates to start their journeys on our two-year graduate programme. You will be working in forest management at managerial level so you will need to quickly learn a wide range of forestry terms, skills and knowledge that will help you manage tasks from fencing, planting and felling operations to community consultations, recreation and staff management.
- Year one - You will be placed in the South or East England Forest district, the principal offices for which are Lyndhurst and Thetford respectively.
- Year two - You will be involved in a national project which is likely to be based at the national office in Bristol.
What can we Offer You?
- £26,187 per annum
- 20% of total working time allocated to personal and professional development
- Allocated mentor - additional support is available from a senior manager who will take on a mentoring role during the programme
- Leadership development manager - support is available with face to face or telephone meetings throughout the programme
- Travel costs reimbursed for 4 journeys home during each placement
Who are we Looking For?
- A graduate with a 2:1 (or equivalent) degree or higher in an environmental, management, forestry based or other commercial degrees
- Full Clean UK driving license
- GCSE or equivalent in English and maths at grade C or above
- Interest in the environment and the outside world
- Self motivated individual who is willing to learn
- Good leadership skills
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again