FCC Environment - Graduate Engineering Management Trainee
- Edinburgh, Maidstone, Nottingham, Lincoln or Aylesbury, UK
- 5th Dec ’18
In our post Blue Planet 2 world where international attention is focused on how we can waste less and recycle more, it could not be a better time to join one of the UK's most progressive waste and resource management companies.
FCC Environment are on the front line of the resource revolution which will deliver the ambition of the 25 Year Environment Plan to leave the world a better place than it is now for our children.
We provide a range of services, from collecting business & household waste and recycling, processing the materials we collect, recycling everything that we can and generating green energy from waste that cannot be recycled. We minimise the amount of waste that ends up in landfill, by transforming it into valuable resources.
Put simply: We collect waste - from businesses, local authorities and households and process it to ensure we fully realise its potential as a resource
What will you be doing?
During the 18-month Graduate Programme with FCC Environment you will gain thorough and in-depth experience where you will have substantial impact on major projects. Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Responsible for the personal safety of FCC employees and external stakeholders by ensuring that the correct safety procedures are implemented and followed
- Assisting with identifying and taking proactive measures to improve plant operational shortfalls and augment engineering solutions
- Coordinate and plan daily maintenance activities under the supervision of the maintenance manager
- Aid managing and developing contract support to deliver scheduled, preventative, breakdown, planned maintenance and operational activities
- Assist in outage planning, scheduling and co-ordination
- Management of the maintenance budget
- Participate in the wider management of the team and development of human resources
- Undertaking staff appraisals and ensuring the training needs of the business, team and individuals are delivered
- Supporting the maintenance manager where necessary by providing hands on support
What do you need?
Must be degree educated to a minimum 2:1 standard in one of the following areas of discipline:
- Waste Management;
- Estates, Property, Planning;
- Business Management;
- Relevant, related degree.
There are a number of personal attributes that we deem important and these include:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- A committed 'can-do' attitude
- Highly organised with a strong eye for detail
- Accountable and able to take responsibility
- Ability to work well within a team
- Strong problem solving skills
- Familiar with a number of computer applications (e.g Microsoft Office)
These positions are available across the following FCC Site Locations; Edinburgh, Maidstone, Nottingham, Lincoln or Aylesbury and will start in September 2019.
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again