FCC Environment - Graduate Engineering Management Trainee
- -, Any
- 31st Jan ’21
- 9 days left!
Who are we?
In our post Blue Planet 2 world where international attention is focused on how we can waste less and recycle more, it could not be a better time to join one of the UK's most progressive waste and resource management companies.
FCC Environment are on the front line of the resource revolution which will deliver the ambition of the 25 Year Environment Plan to leave the world a better place than it is now for our children. We provide a range of services, from collecting business and household waste and recycling, processing the materials we collect recycling everything that we can, and generating green energy from waste. We minimise the amount of waste that ends up in landfill by transforming it into valuable resources. Right now, we're focusing our sights on developing our managers of tomorrow and you could be one of them!
What will you be doing?
During this 18 month programme, you will be responsible for the personal safety of FCC employees and external stakeholders by ensuring that the correct safety procedures are implemented and followed. You will be assisting with identifying and taking proactive measures to improve plant operational shortfalls and augment engineering solutions. Your role will involve managing and developing contract support to deliver scheduled, preventative, breakdown, planned maintenance, operational activities and the maintenance budget. Participate in the wider management of the team and development of human resources and assist the maintenance manager. You will be based in either Kent, Lincoln or Buckinghamshire.
What can we offer you?
- Salary of £23,000
- Relocation Assistance (temporary accommodation assistance up to £300month)
- 25 days annual leave per annum (up to 10 days unpaid leave per year, plus option to purchase 5 additional days' annual leave)
- Company Pension (inc. company contributions)
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Benefits (cycle to work, high street savings and discounts, Gymflex)
- Eye-care Vouchers
- Peer to Peer Recognition Scheme
What are we looking for?
- A Graduate with a 2:1 or above in one of the following areas of discipline: Engineering; Environmental; Waste Management
- Must hold a full Drivers Licence that allows them to drive within the UK
- The ability to work unsupervised and take responsibility during dynamic situations
- Excellent work ethic
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- I.T Literate
- Good interpersonal skills, self-motivated, flexible and committed attitude
If this sounds like the opportunity for you click Apply Now
We will be reviewing all applications over January and give candidates feedback by early February
Please note: we can only consider candidates for one graduate scheme with FCC