Technical Support Consultant
- Croydon, London
- 18th Nov ’19
They are one of Britain's leading providers of geographic information systems (GIS) and services to UK local authorities. The company has also become a leading supplier of gazetteer management systems and a major force behind the implementation of the National Land and Property Gazetteer (NLPG).
Your Primary Role GIS and Gazetteer Technical Support.
- Helpdesk Support on all products from basic to advanced level.
- Implementation and consultancy.
- Training customers on products in due course.
- System integration with third party applications.
- User testing of all new releases of the above products.
- Assisting with GIS documentation.
- Assistance and cover for the Network Administrator.
- Any other duties and tasks as required by their Systems.
On the Job Learning
- You will gain thorough knowledge of their GIS and Gazetteer product. You will gain in-depth knowledge of their systems.
- You will have time to improve your technical skills and grow with the organisation. You will gain knowledge of how to provide implementation and consultancy services.
- Training and support will be given on all in-house systems used.
- Degree educated: Software engineering 2:2 or above. Computer science 2:1 or above.
- Technical Support Experience.
- Testing Experience.
- SQL knowledge.
- Knowledge of MS SQL Server and Oracle.
- Customer facing skills.
- Prepared and able to travel throughout the UK.
- GIS Qualification.
- Some understanding of GIS, NLPG.
- Knowledge of Citrix.
- Experience of working in the Local Authority or public sector.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Customer training experience.
- Confident use of all main Microsoft packages to a high standard (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again