- 18th May ’18
- 12 days left!
A FinTech company, currently the 8th global leader within the peer-to-peer lending sphere. They are enabling retail investors, institutions and local governments to invest in the UK's private rented sector through the funding of residential buy-to-let mortgages.
You will be an active Agile product owner working day to today with engineers in a fast-paced continuous deployment delivery environment.
The product owner who comes on board will work very closely with internal customers such as Operations, Finance, Lending and Marketing to gather and crystallise requirements.
You'll be set a product roadmap that aligns with the business strategy articulated by the business to capture new opportunities.
You will be expected to:
- Prioritise epics and stories regularly using any number of prioritisation models using insights collected from user feedback, surveys and tests.
- Define features and product enhancements that meet business objectives and solve real world problems your users are faced with.
- Ship value for the business and your users frequently and incrementally
- Build and maintain a detailed backlog of epics and user stories with comprehensive acceptance criteria
- Be the expert in your product and support other areas of the business in their understanding of it, how to sell it, how to support it etc.
- Support the engineering team throughout the delivery process to iron out ambiguity or complexity.
- Wireframe features where necessary to convey high level interactions, user journeys and information architecture requirements to designers and engineers.
- Create flow diagrams where necessary to get to grips with process issues, bottlenecks and guide other team members in their understanding of the subject matter.
- Experience working as an Agile product owner or business analyst.
- Naturally entrepreneurial and are obsessive about optimising the product team's return on investment by delivering value whilst also maximising the amount of work not done.
- You have strong convictions but hold them weakly knowing that you can always be proven wrong.
- An excellent communicator of your product roadmap and have insane attention to detail when it comes to defining user stories.
- An instinct for user experience design and a curious and analytical mind for sniffing out trends, problems and opportunities.
- Data literate and have experience using web analytics or AB testing or SQL.
- You're as happy working with end users and internal stakeholders as you are working with software engineers.
- You design out the complexity of a problem or opportunity by clearly articulating the requirements and collaborating with designers and engineers to work the solution.
- You have a technological understanding of modern front and backend development and concepts for both B2B and B2C businesses.
- JIRA and Confluence experience
- Financial services experience
- Startup experience
- Some software engineering experience or UX design experience