- London South west, London South West
- 22nd Dec ’19
- 10 days left!
This highly successful strategy consultancy specialise in the government and defence sectors.
They have significant innovation funding from the MoD, meaning that they don't just pitch an idea to improve what's in place but actually have to prove that something has never been done before and is genuinely different to anything or anyone else.
Your role would be to develop and design decision aid tools and models to carry out analysis for customers and more recently, there has been an increased focus on product development. The content of decision aids, used for strategic or operational decision making, is predominantly AI based machine learning and there are a range of unique techniques developed internally.
A niche but exciting area they work in is explainable AI, which is a part of past, current projects and future plans. Given that clients are typically within the defence sector, when machine learning algorithms spit out an answer, it's not possible to simply rely on the computer saying this is what you should do. It's essential to add reasons why, which is challenging to generate from standard ML algorithms.
- Three years' or more of experience in data science.
- Strong Python proficiency.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- To acquire security clearance, it's a necessity that you have lived in the UK for five consecutive years without spending more than three consecutive months out of the UK.