What We Do
The Graduate Recruitment Bureau is a free recruitment service matching high calibre students and graduates with permanent positions across the UK.
We advertise graduate jobs on www.grb.uk.com. We provide our members with the best bits of a jobsboard with the support of recruitment experts. We concentrate 100% on providing students and graduates with vacancies and guidance to improve their chances of finding employment within our graduate recruiter network. View the best practice in graduate recruitment document for more details.
We have developed the following strengths:
- Successfully helped thousands of graduates start their careers
- Hundreds of regular recruiters from SME to blue chip graduate recruiters
- Direct access to unadvertised jobs from the "hidden market"
- National coverage
- Experienced team of graduate career networkers
- All jobs, advice and supportive information in one website
- Founded by two graduates
- Grown organically since 1996
Our client base is unlike our competitors. We have all kinds of regular recruiters using us to find graduates. Some are the "traditional milk round" recruiters, but many are not. Here are some of the characteristics of our client base:
- Times Top 100 graduate recruiters - they tend to advertise on our website in the recruiter profile section.
- Blue chip recruiters - these companies may not be in the Times Top 100 but they recruit many graduates.
- Large recruiters - some clients simply do not advertise and prefer to use us.
- SMEs - this stands for small and medium enterprises and we literally have hundreds who use us to fill one or two roles. Often these recruiters offer high levels of involvement and responsibility and just as good salaries as larger employers.
- Ethical employers - we are exploring opportunities with employers who have an excellent corporate social responsibility (CSR) records.
- All industry sectors - we have helped recruiters from practically every industry sector imaginable which is too many to list here!
- Booming areas - Our client base reflects the economy in many ways. We navigate around sectors that are in downturn and seek opportunities in growing sectors.
- National - despite being based in the South we have helped graduates find work all over the UK.
All vacancies require a degree. Recruiters also consider other skills and competencies. Work experience is always desirable and UCAS points are still important to some recruiters but not all.
- "You offer a more personal service"
- "Easy access to a database of recruiters"
- "A greater choice"
- "Realistic advice and preparation"
- "You can support me through the process"
- "You act as 'extra eyes and ears'"
- "You have to meet high standards of best practice set by REC & AGR*"
- "My personal records are protected by Data Protection Act 1998**"
- "Useful industry information and newsletters"
- "It can be a good insurance policy if my other offers do not work out"
- "It motivates me!"
*REC is Recruitment and Employers Confederation and AGR is the Association of Graduate Recruiters
**DPA stands for the Data Protection Act. This means we only use your details to find you work and for research purposes