Live in PA (Personal Assistant)
- Salary: £68.20 - £82 per day
- Location: South West
- Date posted: 21/03/2012
- Degree Subject:
- Degree Grade:
- UCAS Points:
- Position Type: Part-Time
- Job Category: Health and Social Care
- Vacancy Reference: E00572200
Established in 2001, Spinal Homecare Services are a national live-in care service provider specialising in tailor made support services to clients with a spinal cord injury. Our dedicated team of PAs (Personal Assistants) provide live in support and assistance to enable our clients to live “ Your Life, Your Way”. Our PAs live with clients (and their families) in their own homes to assist with daily routines and support.
We have clients throughout the whole of the UK and at present we are looking to expand our team to meet the needs of a range of clients throughout England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience working in the care sector working with adults or children, and have a good knowledge of safe manual handling practices – although full training is given by our specialist trainers prior to commencing your first assignment. You must be aged over 21 years due to insurance requirements on driving our client’s vehicles, and as such must hold a driving licence valid in the UK and be able to drive a manual car.
You would be required to assist clients with all aspects of daily living including:
- Personal care – washing, dressing, bladder and bowel routines, etc
- Administration of medication
- Meal preparation
- Domestic duties such as cleaning various rooms
- Household tasks – laundry, ironing, pet management
- Clerical support
Benefits: As a member of our support team you can expect the following benefits as an employee.
Don't forget to mention "Employment4students" when applying for this job - good luck!!
- 5 day specialist training course – free UK travel and accommodation to the course
- Free accommodation while you work
- Travel expenses within the UK fully paid by us
- Free diploma (new NVQ) training (provided you work for a minimum of 1 year)
- Free enhanced CRB check (provided 3 month probation is met)
- Competitive salary of £68.20 - £82 per day
- Flexible working patterns to suit you
- A dedicated care manager to provide support and guidance.
- Holiday opportunities with our clients when they go abroad or travel within the UK.
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again
Looking for a summer or part time student job?
More and more students are exploring part time job opportunities while they're studying at university. It can be a good way to help fund the rising costs of education but can also help make you more employable. Competition for the best graduate schemes and vacancies has never been fiercer so if you can gain relevant work experience and build transferable skills in your part-time work you will find the graduate job hunting much easier.
Here at GRB, we've got some of the best intern work experience opportunities, part time jobs, and summer work for students still at college or university. We cover all of the UK with job vacancies in all the major university towns and cities.