Film Studies Teacher
- Salary: Weekly pay for Film Studies Teacher: £360 per week.
- Location: South West
- Date posted: 16/05/2012
- Degree Subject:
- Degree Grade:
- UCAS Points:
- Position Type: Part-Time
- Job Category: Education and Teaching
- Vacancy Reference: E00612659
Study Group is a world leader in International Education providing the highest quality educational opportunities for students from over 120 countries. Study Group runs two summer school programmes in the UK; Embassy Summer and MW Summer Schools. MW is an elite summer school offering professional sports, creative and academic tuition alongside English language lessons. Our Courses
Students who attend our summer school courses receive a combination of English language and a comprehensive programme of activities and excursions. The activity programme will include daytime and evening activities and one half-day and two full day excursion per week.
As an exclusive school, all students will take part in ‘English Plus’ courses where they receive English language lessons plus extra tuition in their chosen programme. The courses that we offer include Multisports and Activities, Tennis, Football, Art and Design, Dance, Golf, Sailing, Horse riding, Film Studies, Water sports, Performing Arts, Summer Study, Summer Intensive, and new for 2012 – Well Being and Adventure. The Working Week
Teachers work 13 sessions out of a maximum of 23 sessions per week, with at least one full day off per week. Sessions are made up as follows:
4 x afternoon sessions per week teaching Film and Media students
1 x session for lesson preparation
1 x session of residential duties made up of 4 x 45 minute duties
Remaining 7 x sessions as follows: If candidates hold a valid TEFL qualification, they will be required to teach 5 x EFL classes a week and make up the remaining 2 x sessions through participation of on-site or offsite activities and excursions; If candidates do not hold a TEFL qualification, they will fulfil their remaining 7 x sessions through participation of on-site and offsite activities, with an emphasis on Film Studies. Reports to
: The Director of Studies and the Activity Manager Main duties / responsibilities
- Create, prepare and deliver a practical and theory based Film Studies course appropriate to an EFL environment and adapt course based on weekly student numbers and levels
- To teach EFL (if suitably qualified) as required
- To provide complete work records at the end of each week
- To prepare and lead designated activity sessions as directed by the Activity Manager
- To maintain proper levels of student discipline, safety and welfare
- To assist testing students
- To ensure all required equipment requests are passed on to the Centre Manager
- To ensure weekly paperwork is completed
- To attend all relevant meetings
- To carry out residential duties, including meal, bedtime and night time supervision duties Location of Summer Schools as follows:
Bedford, Bristol, Cambridge, Canterbury, Chichester, Hastings, London Greenwich, London - Kingswood Hall, London - Mile End, London - South Bank, London - UCL, London - Uxbridge, Medway, Oxford - Headington, Oxford - Wheatley, Reigate, Sheffield, Southsea
A deduction of £30 per week will be made for accommodation for residential staff.
Returning Staff Loyalty Increments: £10 per week per yearly return to MW Summer Schools (max. 3 years) When applying please don't forget to tell Embassy CES / MW Summer Schools you found this job through "Employment4students"
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again
More and more students are exploring part time job opportunities while they're studying at university. It can be a good way to help fund the rising costs of education but can also help make you more employable. Competition for the best graduate schemes and vacancies has never been fiercer so if you can gain relevant work experience and build transferable skills in your part-time work you will find the graduate job hunting much easier.
Here at GRB, we've got some of the best intern work experience opportunities, part time jobs, and summer work for students still at college or university. We cover all of the UK with job vacancies in all the major university towns and cities.