Care Worker - Lambeth
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: London
- Date posted: 10/05/2012
- Degree Subject:
- Degree Grade:
- UCAS Points:
- Position Type: Part-Time
- Job Category: Health and Social Care
- Vacancy Reference: E00608546
Carewatch Care Services are looking for enthusiastic, reliable home care workers to support people to maintain their independence at home.
The type of care a Care Worker will provide will vary from person to person but may include:Personal Care
– Help with getting up and getting ready for the day and settling in for the night, washing, bathing, and toileting.Practical Support
- Domestic tasks such as laundry, cleaning, tidying, shopping, preparing and cooking meals and taking people out to the shops, doctors or social events.Specialised Care
- Supporting people with more complex needs such as, end - of - life care, or supporting people with acquired brain injury or those living with a long term condition.What we look for . . .
As an organisation, we look to develop people who:
Have a passion about helping people maintain independence at home
Possess a can do, positive attitude
Possess the compassion, dedication and willingness to go the extra mile
Have excellent communications skills and possess the ability to build relationships with those we support and those around them
Enjoy a challenge and are flexible in their approach to work
Can display empathy, understanding, comfort and reassurance to all those we support
Are fun and enjoyable to work with.What we offer . . .
If you have the passion and desire to develop a career in care, in turn we can offer:
•Career development •Local work •Good rates of pay •Paid holiday •Free Induction training •Regular refresher training •Uniform •Regular supervision •Employee recognition •Opportunity to study for Diploma in Health and Social Care.
Successful applicants will be flexible with their working hours and must have their own transport.
For further information, please contact us today.
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again
More and more students are exploring part time job opportunities while they're studying at university. It can be a good way to help fund the rising costs of education but can also help make you more employable. Competition for the best graduate schemes and vacancies has never been fiercer so if you can gain relevant work experience and build transferable skills in your part-time work you will find the graduate job hunting much easier.
Here at GRB, we've got some of the best intern work experience opportunities, part time jobs, and summer work for students still at college or university. We cover all of the UK with job vacancies in all the major university towns and cities.