Job Title: Tesco Graduate - Associate to Global Commercial Director
- Salary: £27-28k
- Location: Hertfordshire
- Date posted: 04/05/2012
- Date expires: 12/06/2012
- Degree Subject: 2:1 degree in any commercial discipline
- Degree Grade: 2:1
- UCAS Points: 300
- Position Type: Full-Time
- Experience: Not required
- Job Category: Retail, Management, Buying and Purchasing
- Vacancy Reference: JS36667Kevin
Tesco is Britain?s leading food retailer and the third largest in the world.
A rare, exciting position has arisen with the sole purpose of supporting the Global Commercial Director who is tasked with looking at product buying from a global perspective. You will work alongside one of the most senior board members in Tesco, helping to build the strategy, help plan, project manage and help analyse the commercial division.
You will build an unparalleled network that no other graduate role could offer. You will have regular exposure to the most senior people in Tesco, key internal stakeholders across the business including the Tesco Board members, senior stakeholders in major suppliers and partners and even the CEO!
You will be working alongside the Commercial Director who is responsible for product buying and purchasing on a global scale. This may even give you the opportunity for some international travel! The work that you will help to support is broken down into 4 keys areas:
Analysis - Conduct analysis and derive insight that supports decision making for projects. This may include benchmarking competitor practices; analysing market trends; SWOT analysis; etc.
Project Management - Help to manage assigned projects that investigate challenges and opportunities.
Strategy - Support the leadership team with strategy, identifying themes, challenges and opportunities and also look at any new potential strategies. Recommend changes, and manage through to implementation when appropriate.
Planning - Forward planning for regular board meetings. Collating and producing papers or presentations on behalf of the Director when required.
- A minimum 2:1 degree in a commercial discipline such as Business, Management, Economics or related, however all disciplines will be considered
- 300 UCAS points from your top 3 A-levels
- Able to start work ideally in June or July 2012
- You need to be Confident, Open, Honest and not afraid to ask questions to some VERY important people
- Naturally inquisitive and opportunistic
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Multi-tasking and prioritising skills
- Build relationships and networks with key people both internally and externally and able to work with the most senior people within the business including board directors
- Passionate, motivated and driven to work within the retail industry
- Ability to make decisions and work on initiative
- Customer awareness
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again
Interested In Making Money Referring Friends To Us?
Here at the Graduate Recruitment Bureau you can search for some of the best graduate jobs in the UK and many abroad too. Our unique graduate career matchmaking service will ensure that you are finding out about the best opportunities which includes the hidden job market, where you can uncover graduate schemes that are not normally advertised to the public. Use our graduate job search to find jobs by industry and by region or a combination of the two. When you find a role that you are interested in, please make sure that first you have created a free account and uploaded a CV, and then click apply. Your application will be sent to one of our specialist consultants dealing with the role who will then be in touch via email or phone within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Make sure you get your search for graduate jobs off to a great start by using our job advice section. There you will find CV templates, cover letter templates, past interview questions, psychometric testing, guides on networking and much more.