- Graduate Jobs
- Job Advice
- Industry Profiles
- Featured Employers
IBM is one of the world leaders in IT Services and Consultancy. Our expertise in business and our track record of innovation mean we're one of the few companies who can not only create innovative solutions for our clients, but also make them a reality - from intelligent transportation to smarter electricity management to data solutions that improve healthcare
So, whether your expertise lies in engineering, IT or any other technical discipline, this is an opportunity to use your experience with technology and your interest in business to tackle important, interesting and innovative projects.
Your progression from graduate to industry leader
It is about more than just programming code and working with computers - it's about using technology to bring about big changes for the clients we work with. It?s also about building your own standing and reputation. Our programme is designed to help you become one of IBM's technical leaders, fast; in fact, it'll give you the strong foundation of technical and business skills you need to inspire the entire industry. Specifically, it involves:
- Growing your technical skills and knowledge initially, through a number of technical roles - for example business analysis, software development, software package configuration, database implementation and infrastructure configuration
- Gaining experience from some of the country?s leading experts
- Making the most of world-class training and personal support from a mentor
- Working on client projects that will stretch you
- Then progressing onto solution design and technical leadership roles
Skills and qualities
We're looking for experience of doing difficult things with technology, as well as a passion for how it can transform business. To begin with, you'll need:
- A 2:1 honours degree ideally in computing, numerate sciences, mathematics or engineering
- IT experience - specifically of something like programming and basic IT solution design
- A way with people and a love of collaboration
- Determination ? to learn and to do high quality work
- Broad interests
- The flexibility to work at different client sites and IBM locations across the UK and sometimes abroad
- Eligibility to work in the UK
Join us. Let's build a smarter planet.
Here at the Graduate Recruitment Bureau you can search for some of the best graduate jobs in the UK and many abroad too. Our unique graduate career matchmaking service will ensure that you are finding out about the best opportunities which includes the hidden job market, where you can uncover graduate schemes that are not normally advertised to the public. Use our graduate job search to find jobs by industry and by region or a combination of the two. When you find a role that you are interested in, please make sure that first you have created a free account and uploaded a CV, and then click apply. Your application will be sent to one of our specialist consultants dealing with the role who will then be in touch via email or phone within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Make sure you get your search for graduate jobs off to a great start by using our job advice section. There you will find CV templates, cover letter templates, past interview questions, psychometric testing, guides on networking and much more.