Job Title: Graduate Trainee Recruitment Consultant - London
- Salary: OTE£30k
- Location: London
- Date posted: 20/10/2010
- Date expires: 28/10/2010
- Degree Subject: Most considered
- Degree Grade: 2:1
- UCAS Points: 300
- Position Type: Full-Time
- Experience: Not required
- Job Category: Recruitment
- Vacancy Reference: OG23600lon
Award winning recruitment consultancy who can boast market leader status witihin Taxation, Management Consultancy and Corporate Secretarial recruitment.
They are a small, sociable company who have been established for over 20 years and mainly place their candidates into permanent positions within FTSE 100 and 250 companies.
There are two Graduate Trainee positions available. The first is recruiting within the field of Management Consultancy, where the company specialises in placing candidates into permanent positions in boutique consultancies and large accountancy firms including the 'big four'. Earnings range from £30k up to £100k, and sometimes beyond. The second position is recruiting within the Corporate Secretarial team into both permanent and contract positions. Every company in the FTSE 250 has to have a least one Corporate Secretary so the market for this is huge.
As this is a smaller company, you will gain exposure very quickly to every aspect of the recruitment cycle which includes:
- Selling the company services to new contacts within new or existing clients
- Utilising company resources to access specialist candidates
- Consulting with candidates on their career options
- Pitching relevant opportunities to the best candidates
- Conducting telephone and face-to-face interviews to ascertain candidate suitability
- Mentoring candidates through the interview process
- Offer negotiation and closing deals
- Attending business seminars and networking events to raise personal and company profile
The company offer desk-based training as well as additional course-based training for specific gaps in knowledge or skills. You will be working with hugely experienced individuals who are experts in their field.
Why should you work for this company?
- They offer a consultative, mature environment rather than a call centre feel
- They do not hire and fire and can boast that they have hired graduates that are still there up to 15 years later!
- They offer 30% commission once you have hit a very realistic target every quarter
- Their reputation is such that most of the business comes to them, which reduces the levels of cold-calling needed
To be considered for the interview process you must:
- Hold a 2.1 from a strong university and ideally have 300 UCAS points
- Have a strong work ethic
- Be confident on the telephone and in face-to-face meetings
- Be genuinely motivated for a long term career in recruitment
- Have some office based work experience; sales experience is welcome but not essential
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again
Interested In Making Money Referring Friends To Us?
Here at the Graduate Recruitment Bureau you can search for some of the best graduate jobs in the UK and many abroad too. Our unique graduate career matchmaking service will ensure that you are finding out about the best opportunities which includes the hidden job market, where you can uncover graduate schemes that are not normally advertised to the public. Use our graduate job search to find jobs by industry and by region or a combination of the two. When you find a role that you are interested in, please make sure that first you have created a free account and uploaded a CV, and then click apply. Your application will be sent to one of our specialist consultants dealing with the role who will then be in touch via email or phone within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Make sure you get your search for graduate jobs off to a great start by using our job advice section. There you will find CV templates, cover letter templates, past interview questions, psychometric testing, guides on networking and much more.