Job Title: Graduate Trainee Recruitment Consultant
- Salary: £17k
- Location: East Sussex
- Date posted: 05/04/2012
- Date expires: 27/04/2012
- Degree Subject: Any
- Degree Grade: 2:2
- UCAS Points: Any
- Position Type: Full-Time
- Experience: Not required
- Job Category: Recruitment
- Vacancy Reference: SS16409bri
The Graduate Recruitment Bureau (GRB) is an expanding specialist recruitment consultancy based in Brighton. As our name suggests we specialise in placing graduates across a range of industries and vertical markets across the UK. We have become extremely successful in this sector with our web site attracting 80,000 unique visits every month and a candidate database of over 400,000. The consultants have developed expertise in their relevant markets and with a large candidate database have a strong supply of candidates for their clients.
This challenging role offers an excellent opportunity for a graduate to work in a rewarding and target driven environment and learn how to recruit, working alongside our experienced Consultants.
During the training period successful candidates will be pursuing the following activities:
- Sourcing candidates from both internal and external databases
- Calling suitable candidates, qualifying them for suitability for a certain job, and marketing that position to them
- Learning about the technical aspects of various market sectors
- Posting job advertisements on our website and handling incoming response
- Arranging for selected candidates to interview with clients
- Researching new clients in various market sectors
- Building working relationships with key decision-makers within potential new clients, and eventually receiving their permission to find graduate-level candidates for their relevant open vacancies
Candidates who successfully complete the training period will be given the opportunity to progress into a role of Recruitment Consultant. With this extra responsibility you will be:
- Achieving performance targets in business development, candidate screening and placement
- Working in conjunction with Resourcers to generate candidates to fill the graduate-level positions required by clients
- Telephone interviewing candidates on behalf of clients
- Arranging interviews and assessment days for graduates and undergraduates on behalf of clients, including interview preparation and feedback
- Managing the offer process and making job offers
The starting salary for this position is £16-18k and commissions should take this to £20-22k in your first year. Second year earnings will be between £30-50k.
Skills and Attributes:
- The highest standards of written and spoken English
- The ability to build long-lasting relationships with senior decision-makers within target companies
- Display sufficient integrity to enable candidates to trust your judgement and intentions
- Determination to pursue clients and candidates when your first attempts are initially rejected
- A 'thick skin' to recover quickly from negative responses
- Capacity for hard work ? we work a standard 47 hour week!
- We are ideally looking for graduates with an honours degree of a 2:2 or above in any subject, preferably with a business element
- Candidates should be proficient users of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Explorer)
- Some office experience is desirable
- Sales experience is very welcome, especially telesales, Estate Agency, or charity fund-raising
- Interesting extra-curricular activities are also of interest (eg sports success, Duke of Edinburgh)
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again
Interested In Making Money Referring Friends To Us?
Here at the Graduate Recruitment Bureau you can search for some of the best graduate jobs in the UK and many abroad too. Our unique graduate career matchmaking service will ensure that you are finding out about the best opportunities which includes the hidden job market, where you can uncover graduate schemes that are not normally advertised to the public. Use our graduate job search to find jobs by industry and by region or a combination of the two. When you find a role that you are interested in, please make sure that first you have created a free account and uploaded a CV, and then click apply. Your application will be sent to one of our specialist consultants dealing with the role who will then be in touch via email or phone within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Make sure you get your search for graduate jobs off to a great start by using our job advice section. There you will find CV templates, cover letter templates, past interview questions, psychometric testing, guides on networking and much more.