Job Title: Graduate Trading Analyst
- Salary: £24k
- Location: South West
- Date posted: 14/02/2012
- Date expires: 12/12/2012
- Degree Subject: Any related
- Degree Grade: 2:1
- UCAS Points: 300
- Position Type: Full-Time
- Experience: Not required
- Job Category: Energy, Banking and Finance, Analytical
- Vacancy Reference: IB36866IBOGTA1111
An energy trading organisation who deals in the Electricity and Gas markets and has a focus on green and renewable energies.
An opportunity has arisen to join the organisation as a Trading Analyst. This role sits in the trading team who are responsible for purchasing enough energy to meet the demands of their growing client base. You will be responsible for analysis of market positions and would be expected to work with complex forecast algorithms to produce vast low level demand forecasts.
This will be a challenging role where the successful incumbent can expect a steep learning curve in order to hit the ground running. Although challenging the role will offer unrivalled exposure to other areas of the trading team and senior management whilst also offering a high level of responsibility.
The majority of your time will be spent managing the day to day trading operations. Some of the tasks involved are expected to include but not be limited to:
- Calculation and execution of day to day short term trading through multiple trading counterparties
- Creation, maintenance and development of trade models, databases and reports
- Reconciliation of trades and industry costs
- Analysis and reporting on department performance
- Identifying opportunities for performance improvement and implementing challenges
In order to apply it is essential that candidates:
- Have achieved a minimum of a 2.1 in their undergraduate degree, preferably in a Scientific, Maths, Engineering or Economics discipline
- Be highly analytical with strong data manipulation skills and advance Excel knowledge
- Have demonstrable high attention to detail
- Have strong communication skills and grasp of English (both written and verbal)
- Be comfortable working in a group environment
- Be passionate about problem solving
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again
Interested In Making Money Referring Friends To Us?
Here at the Graduate Recruitment Bureau you can search for some of the best graduate jobs in the UK and many abroad too. Our unique graduate career matchmaking service will ensure that you are finding out about the best opportunities which includes the hidden job market, where you can uncover graduate schemes that are not normally advertised to the public. Use our graduate job search to find jobs by industry and by region or a combination of the two. When you find a role that you are interested in, please make sure that first you have created a free account and uploaded a CV, and then click apply. Your application will be sent to one of our specialist consultants dealing with the role who will then be in touch via email or phone within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Make sure you get your search for graduate jobs off to a great start by using our job advice section. There you will find CV templates, cover letter templates, past interview questions, psychometric testing, guides on networking and much more.