Job Title: Graduate Technical Library Engineer
- Salary: £20-24k
- Location: London
- Date posted: 01/04/2011
- Date expires: 28/06/2011
- Degree Subject: Mechanical or Electronic Engineering, Computing
- Degree Grade: 2:2
- UCAS Points: Open
- Position Type: Full-Time
- Experience: Not required
- Job Category: Engineering, IT
- Vacancy Reference: CR24047LIB
Our client is an engineering software consultancy who provides services to assist clients with the design of internal data houses.
Due to our client's continued expansion and international success they are currently looking to recruit additional consultants.
My client is looking for an Engineer to manage the library of data centre equipment models within their simulation software.
The position will involve:
- Create, upgrade and maintain models of equipment found in data centres such as computers, air conditioning and power distribution.
- Develop links within industry to receive data on existing and new technologies to ensure the models are fully representative.
- Design of experiment to improve understanding of technologies
- Site surveys of live data centres that allow for onsite measurement and image capture of equipment.
- Improve the software where there are shortfalls in the current functionality by working with our software developers.
- Manage and quality assure library items created by other staff
- Some software developing skills may be useful but not required to integrate with current manufacturer's online technical data.
- Attention to detail and precision are critical in this role.
Essential skills for the role include:
- To hold a minimum of a 2:1 in Mechanical or Electronic Engineering, Mechatronics or Computer Science
- Good communications skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again
Interested In Making Money Referring Friends To Us?
Here at the Graduate Recruitment Bureau you can search for some of the best graduate jobs in the UK and many abroad too. Our unique graduate career matchmaking service will ensure that you are finding out about the best opportunities which includes the hidden job market, where you can uncover graduate schemes that are not normally advertised to the public. Use our graduate job search to find jobs by industry and by region or a combination of the two. When you find a role that you are interested in, please make sure that first you have created a free account and uploaded a CV, and then click apply. Your application will be sent to one of our specialist consultants dealing with the role who will then be in touch via email or phone within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Make sure you get your search for graduate jobs off to a great start by using our job advice section. There you will find CV templates, cover letter templates, past interview questions, psychometric testing, guides on networking and much more.