Job Title: Graduate Quality Assurance Engineer
- Salary: £18-20k
- Location: Worcestershire
- Date posted: 01/06/2012
- Date expires: 16/08/2012
- Degree Subject: Product Design, Graphic Design, Engineering
- Degree Grade: 2:1
- UCAS Points: 280
- Position Type: Full-Time
- Experience: Not required
- Job Category: Art and Design, Engineering, Manufacturing
- Vacancy Reference: RJ21805QAE
My client has a strong brand with an amazing legacy and some fantastic products and services to get your teeth into. They have 450 stores across the UK and Republic of Ireland, which makes it one of the largest non-food retailers in the country. They differentiate themselves from their competitors through their national store portfolio, broad product range, competitive pricing, customer service and strong brands.
This role will see you working in the assurance and product compliance team, ensuring the products are safe, legal and fit for purpose at all times.
This is a varied role will involve the following;
- evaluation of products
- cost reduction programmes
- managing risk
- improving products
- completing product specifications
- assessing suppliers to ensure they can consistently manufacture products to the correct specification
- monitor, manage and review customer and client feedback
- on-going development of structural packaging including design, alterations and additional features
Supplier and client liaison will be a large part of this role.
- You will hold or be expecting to hold a 2:1 degree in Product or Graphic Design, or an Engineering or Manufacturing related degree
- You must have a minimum of 280 UCAS points
- You will have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- You will hold skills in design ideally using adobe illustrator
- Skills and any prior experience in project management would be ideal
- Knowledge of and interest in manufacturing or product specification is a distinct advantage
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again
Interested In Making Money Referring Friends To Us?
Here at the Graduate Recruitment Bureau you can search for some of the best graduate jobs in the UK and many abroad too. Our unique graduate career matchmaking service will ensure that you are finding out about the best opportunities which includes the hidden job market, where you can uncover graduate schemes that are not normally advertised to the public. Use our graduate job search to find jobs by industry and by region or a combination of the two. When you find a role that you are interested in, please make sure that first you have created a free account and uploaded a CV, and then click apply. Your application will be sent to one of our specialist consultants dealing with the role who will then be in touch via email or phone within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Make sure you get your search for graduate jobs off to a great start by using our job advice section. There you will find CV templates, cover letter templates, past interview questions, psychometric testing, guides on networking and much more.