Job Title: Graduate Project Engineer
- Salary: £comp
- Location: Essex
- Date posted: 15/03/2011
- Date expires: 04/09/2011
- Degree Subject: Physics, Electronic Engineering, Chemistry
- Degree Grade: 2:1
- UCAS Points: Open
- Position Type: Full-Time
- Experience: Not required
- Job Category: Science, Telecoms
- Vacancy Reference: CR24241PROJ2
My client provides technology solutions to companies within a variety of industries including Science, Aerospace, Defence, commercial and industrial markets. Their HQ is in the UK and they have facilities across Europe and North America. They are listed on the London Stock market.
The position is to start immediately and is initially on a 12-24 month contract.
Key duties include:
- Ensure test related sections of customer documents are appropriately defined
- Communicate technical information to internal and external interested parties (written and verbal) in style relevant to the audience
- Define and develop suitable regimes for the characterisation and test of devices, according to the customer's requirement
- Further the group's understanding of CCDs and related aspects through investigations and improvement projects
Essential skills for the role include:
- To hold a minimum of a 2:1 in Physics, Astrophysics, Electronic Engineering, Chemistry or a related subject
- Due to the sensitive nature of my client's work you have to be a UK national and hold a British passport
- Ability to work in a team
- Practical hands on problem solving
- Good communication skills
- Able to learn quickly
- Ability to perform under pressure
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again
Interested In Making Money Referring Friends To Us?
Here at the Graduate Recruitment Bureau you can search for some of the best graduate jobs in the UK and many abroad too. Our unique graduate career matchmaking service will ensure that you are finding out about the best opportunities which includes the hidden job market, where you can uncover graduate schemes that are not normally advertised to the public. Use our graduate job search to find jobs by industry and by region or a combination of the two. When you find a role that you are interested in, please make sure that first you have created a free account and uploaded a CV, and then click apply. Your application will be sent to one of our specialist consultants dealing with the role who will then be in touch via email or phone within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Make sure you get your search for graduate jobs off to a great start by using our job advice section. There you will find CV templates, cover letter templates, past interview questions, psychometric testing, guides on networking and much more.