Job Title: Graduate Production Engineer - Electronics
- Salary: c£25-27kDOE
- Location: Leicestershire
- Date posted: 25/07/2012
- Date expires: 06/08/2012
- Degree Subject: Electronics or related discipline
- Degree Grade: 2:1
- UCAS Points: 280
- Position Type: Full-Time
- Experience: Not required
- Job Category: Engineering
- Vacancy Reference: RJ20708GPE
Our client is a global engineering company. They work extensively in the oil and gas industry, providing technical services across the whole development cycle of oil wells. These services include consultancy, design, drilling, R and D etc. Employing over 50,000 people worldwide the opportunities offered in this organisation are numerous and exciting.
The main purpose of this job involves working with the Engineering team to ensure new product designs meet with the requirements of production best practice. Also you will assist with the generation of the documentation, jigs and software needed by production to manufacture quality products and to provide the production team with on-going technical support for new and existing products.
Some key areas you will work in will be:
- Identifying and implementing process improvements in manufacturing aimed at improving the overall quality of products and reducing lead times and costs.
- Monitoring and seeking improvements for the manufacturing reliabiltiy of the PCB's by liaising with designers, suppliers and assemblers.
- You must hold a degree in Electronic Engineering or very closely related and have achieved a 2:1.
- Proficient in the design of electronic circuitry involving analogue, digital and embedded processors.
- Strong communicator with good written and verbal skills.
- You will have a strong attention to detail.
- You will be a passionate engineer and ideally hold it as an interest outside of education.
- Any further knowledge on HTML, C programming, PCB design, or circuit testing would be advantageous but not essential.
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again
Interested In Making Money Referring Friends To Us?
Here at the Graduate Recruitment Bureau you can search for some of the best graduate jobs in the UK and many abroad too. Our unique graduate career matchmaking service will ensure that you are finding out about the best opportunities which includes the hidden job market, where you can uncover graduate schemes that are not normally advertised to the public. Use our graduate job search to find jobs by industry and by region or a combination of the two. When you find a role that you are interested in, please make sure that first you have created a free account and uploaded a CV, and then click apply. Your application will be sent to one of our specialist consultants dealing with the role who will then be in touch via email or phone within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Make sure you get your search for graduate jobs off to a great start by using our job advice section. There you will find CV templates, cover letter templates, past interview questions, psychometric testing, guides on networking and much more.