Job Title: Graduate Modelling Analyst
- Salary: £23k+
- Location: Any
- Date posted: 20/06/2012
- Date expires: 03/07/2012
- Degree Subject: Economics, Econometrics, Stats, Maths related
- Degree Grade: 2:1
- UCAS Points: Any
- Position Type: Full-Time
- Experience: Not required
- Job Category: Analytical, Banking and Finance
- Vacancy Reference: LB37180
Our client is one of the UK's largest retail banking groups. Their goal is to be the best financial services provider in the UK.
The successful graduate will be responsible for building forecasting models to predict capital requirements for the bank. This role covers the whole retail portfolio including mortgages, loans and credit cards.
In this role you will be working with the risk teams to help them deliver forecasting models and other analytical solutions to support decision making. The role involves an assessment of how future economic conditions affect these key metrics.
You will be developing industry leading credit risk models using statistical techniques and develop other analytical solutions to support decision making. In this role you will need to communicate your analysis clearly.
Essentail skills for the role:
- Degree or postgraduate qualification in a numerate subject (such as Maths, Statistics, Operational Research, Economics) with knowledge of statistical and analytical techniques.
- Proven ability to work well within a team environment.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A natural ability with numbers, with the ability to work quickly and at a high level of detail and accuracy, and a highly analytical approach to problem solving.
- A high level of creativity, drive, innovation and initiative ? a self-starter.
- Practical experience in the use of statistical packages or programming languages (e.g. EViews, SAS, SPSS, R).
- Ideal but not essential to understand economics and econometrics, especially experience of Markov chains and time series modelling.
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again
Interested In Making Money Referring Friends To Us?
Here at the Graduate Recruitment Bureau you can search for some of the best graduate jobs in the UK and many abroad too. Our unique graduate career matchmaking service will ensure that you are finding out about the best opportunities which includes the hidden job market, where you can uncover graduate schemes that are not normally advertised to the public. Use our graduate job search to find jobs by industry and by region or a combination of the two. When you find a role that you are interested in, please make sure that first you have created a free account and uploaded a CV, and then click apply. Your application will be sent to one of our specialist consultants dealing with the role who will then be in touch via email or phone within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Make sure you get your search for graduate jobs off to a great start by using our job advice section. There you will find CV templates, cover letter templates, past interview questions, psychometric testing, guides on networking and much more.