Job Title: Graduate Headhunting Researcher - Retail Sector
- Salary: £23-25k+OTE
- Location: London
- Date posted: 01/10/2012
- Date expires: 02/10/2012
- Degree Subject: Most considered from a top university
- Degree Grade: 2:1
- UCAS Points: Any
- Position Type: Full-Time
- Experience: Not required
- Job Category: Recruitment, Market Research
- Vacancy Reference: OG25007res
Our client is one of the world?s leading boutique executive search consultancies who operate exclusively in the Retail and Consumer industries. From their office in London they are able to utilise their unparalleled sector knowledge and global network of contacts to place the best candidates around the world at Director Level and above.The company currently employs around 20 staff and boasts a fun, dynamic culture. They work across a number of sectors including retail, consumer goods, luxury, fashion, travel and leisure and have successful relationships with clients such as Harrods, Apple, Gap, Nike, Jamie Oliver, Innocent Drinks etc.
An urgent requirement has arisen to work in the company's retail headhunting practice, helping to recruit for executive positions ranging from £80-150k and sometimes even upwards. The Researchers work very closely with the Consultants in all aspects of candidate search delivery and information management, focussing on providing industry-specific knowledge both on the marketplace and on key executives.
You will be responsible for:
- Attending client meetings with the Consultant, providing input and support as required
- Assisting in the writing, editing and challenging of job descriptions
- 'Mapping' the market of key movers and shakers in industry
- Sourcing appropriate industry specialists to gather information and names for searches
- Approaching and pitching to prospective candidates as part of the pre-selection process, to judge suitability for the role
- Attending industry events as and when needed
Comprehensive training is provided for the first three months which includes off-site courses with industry experts and close mentorship with Consultants. The basic salary for this position is at least £23k and you should be looking to earn considerably more in bonuses.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; a second European language would also be very welcome
- Comfortable on the telephone
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Able to work on one's own initiative and multi-task
- Organised, resourceful and deadline-driven with a good ability to prioritise
- A desire to work in a commercial environment
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again
Interested In Making Money Referring Friends To Us?
Here at the Graduate Recruitment Bureau you can search for some of the best graduate jobs in the UK and many abroad too. Our unique graduate career matchmaking service will ensure that you are finding out about the best opportunities which includes the hidden job market, where you can uncover graduate schemes that are not normally advertised to the public. Use our graduate job search to find jobs by industry and by region or a combination of the two. When you find a role that you are interested in, please make sure that first you have created a free account and uploaded a CV, and then click apply. Your application will be sent to one of our specialist consultants dealing with the role who will then be in touch via email or phone within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Make sure you get your search for graduate jobs off to a great start by using our job advice section. There you will find CV templates, cover letter templates, past interview questions, psychometric testing, guides on networking and much more.