Job Title: Graduate German Speaking Research Analyst - Fixed Income
- Salary: £neg
- Location: London
- Date posted: 21/05/2012
- Date expires: 04/06/2012
- Degree Subject: Economics preferred
- Degree Grade: 2:1
- UCAS Points: 300
- Position Type: Full-Time
- Experience: Not required
- Job Category: Languages, Banking and Finance, Analytical
- Vacancy Reference: IB24222IBMGGRAFI
Our client is the London based securities and investment banking arm of one of the world's largest banking groups.
Our client focuses on being an enterprising, leading-edge and open organisation enabling individuals to demonstrate their capabilities and grow their careers within the company.
An opportunity has arisen to join the organisation within the economic support team of the Fixed-Income division. This division provides an extensive range of services to a global client base across the full spectrum of credit markets.
The successful incumbent will join the research platform that currently provides forward looking opinions and outlooks based on their areas of expertise and the flows currently being seen by the firm. Members of the team range from macro strategists to on desk analysts and as such produce a wide ranging selection of products and importantly also offer proactive research and comment in reaction to current market events and trends.
Duties within the role will include:
- Supporting the chief economist
- Macroeconomic data collection, analysis and forecasting of EU countries
- Tracking and analysing European economic and political events
- In-depth analysis of German economy and political process
- Contributing to written commentaries produced by the research team
- Supporting traders and clients with economic information and analysis.
Success in this position will lead to the incumbent becoming an FSA approved person.
In order to apply it is essential that candidates:
- Can speak, read and write in German and English to mother-tongue standard
- Have achieved or be on course for a 2.1 in their undergraduate degree (being educated to Master's level is preferable)
- Be experienced in macro-economic research through either related work or academic experience
- Have strong mathematical skills
- Be team focussed
- Possess excellent problem solving skills- Be strongly motivated to undertake a long-term career in financial research
Related work experience and the ability to speak a further European language would also be advantageous.
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again
Interested In Making Money Referring Friends To Us?
Here at the Graduate Recruitment Bureau you can search for some of the best graduate jobs in the UK and many abroad too. Our unique graduate career matchmaking service will ensure that you are finding out about the best opportunities which includes the hidden job market, where you can uncover graduate schemes that are not normally advertised to the public. Use our graduate job search to find jobs by industry and by region or a combination of the two. When you find a role that you are interested in, please make sure that first you have created a free account and uploaded a CV, and then click apply. Your application will be sent to one of our specialist consultants dealing with the role who will then be in touch via email or phone within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Make sure you get your search for graduate jobs off to a great start by using our job advice section. There you will find CV templates, cover letter templates, past interview questions, psychometric testing, guides on networking and much more.