Job Title: Graduate Finance Analyst
- Salary: £20k
- Location: Yorkshire
- Date posted: 20/06/2011
- Date expires: 30/06/2011
- Degree Subject: Maths, Physics, MORSE, Statistics or related
- Degree Grade: 2:1
- UCAS Points: Any
- Position Type: Full-Time
- Experience: Not required
- Job Category: Analytical, Banking and Finance
- Vacancy Reference: LB1966Fi
Our client is one of the biggest building societies in the UK with almost 2 million members. They have over one hundred branches and two thousand staff and are committed to remaining a mutual organisation - owned by its members and run for their benefit.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a bright and analytical graduate to become an analyst in one of the largest building societies in the UK. In this role you will be looking into arrears performance through the delivery of analysis and insight and the development, testing and implementation of new strategies.
Your key responsibilities in this role are as follows:
- To develop strategies for continuous improvement of arrears
- To evaluate test and learn initiatives, and present results in report or presentation format
- To provide ad-hoc analysis as and when required
- To conduct in depth analysis as requested
- To develop and produce strategic reports to enable effective decision making
- To develop and produce operational MI to support the day to day running of the lending payments area
This is a graduate training role. You will get trained in SAS.
The essential skills for this role are as follows:
- Minimum 2.1 degree in Mathematics, MORSE, Operational Research, Physics or related.
- Good knowledge of mathematical and analytical techniques
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (specifically Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Strong data and analytical skills
- Good written and oral communications, with the ability to interpret data and present recommendations to a wide variety of stakeholders
- Experience of working in financial services is advantageous but not essential
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again
Interested In Making Money Referring Friends To Us?
Here at the Graduate Recruitment Bureau you can search for some of the best graduate jobs in the UK and many abroad too. Our unique graduate career matchmaking service will ensure that you are finding out about the best opportunities which includes the hidden job market, where you can uncover graduate schemes that are not normally advertised to the public. Use our graduate job search to find jobs by industry and by region or a combination of the two. When you find a role that you are interested in, please make sure that first you have created a free account and uploaded a CV, and then click apply. Your application will be sent to one of our specialist consultants dealing with the role who will then be in touch via email or phone within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Make sure you get your search for graduate jobs off to a great start by using our job advice section. There you will find CV templates, cover letter templates, past interview questions, psychometric testing, guides on networking and much more.