Job Title: Graduate Energy Researcher
- Salary: £20-24k
- Location: London Central
- Date posted: 22/05/2012
- Date expires: 04/06/2012
- Degree Subject: Any BSc
- Degree Grade: 2:1
- UCAS Points: Any
- Position Type: Full-Time
- Experience: Not required
- Job Category: Analytical, Energy
- Vacancy Reference: LB26408_Lon
My client is an energy analyst based in the city of London. The company has been providing detailed data and information on the worldwide oil and gas industry since 1986. My client has developed a number of publications, databases and analytical services to assist senior executives with business decisions.
My client has a number of positions for bright analytical graduates to join them in research and analyst positions.
You will start this role as a Researcher in support of the publications and client studies. This will give you the training and understanding you need to progress. You can then choose to move into an analyst client facing role or follow a research route.
Within this role you will be expected to deliver detailed research and analysis work on the offshore oil and gas industry as directed by specific client requirements or your line manager. The research and analytical work you do is mainly done using magazines, the web, articles, in house data and staff. You will be involved in a small amount of admin activities and the writing up of research work into reports.
- You will have the ability to interpret company accounts and you will be able to analyse qualitative and quantitative data. You will need to identify trends within data sets and draw conclusions in a way that the reader or client can understand.
- You will have the ability to gather information, analyse the results and write conclusions based upon the results.
- Excellent communication skills and writing skills will be required as you will represent this company at exhibitions and eventually give client presentations.
- Knowledge of the oil and gas industry though beneficial is not a prerequisite as training and support will be provided. However, successful candidates will be expected to contribute from the outset.
The essential attributes for this role are as follows:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in any subject, 2.1 or above
- An analytical mind with the ability to use your initiative
- The ability to interpret qualitative and quantitative data
- Diligent, with an attention to detail
- To be able to gather information, analyse the results and write up conclusions
- Excellent communicator, personable and motivated
- Interest in energy
- Some understanding of the oil and gas industry
- Some research experience in a previous role
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again
Interested In Making Money Referring Friends To Us?
Here at the Graduate Recruitment Bureau you can search for some of the best graduate jobs in the UK and many abroad too. Our unique graduate career matchmaking service will ensure that you are finding out about the best opportunities which includes the hidden job market, where you can uncover graduate schemes that are not normally advertised to the public. Use our graduate job search to find jobs by industry and by region or a combination of the two. When you find a role that you are interested in, please make sure that first you have created a free account and uploaded a CV, and then click apply. Your application will be sent to one of our specialist consultants dealing with the role who will then be in touch via email or phone within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Make sure you get your search for graduate jobs off to a great start by using our job advice section. There you will find CV templates, cover letter templates, past interview questions, psychometric testing, guides on networking and much more.