Job Title: Graduate Econometrics Marketing Analyst
- Salary: £22.5
- Location: London South East
- Date posted: 16/05/2011
- Date expires: 26/03/2014
- Degree Subject: Econometrics, Maths, Statistics
- Degree Grade: 2:1
- UCAS Points: Any
- Position Type: Full-Time
- Experience: Not required
- Job Category: Analytical
- Vacancy Reference: LB1417econ
This company is an independent marketing and media planning consultancy specialising in understanding the dynamics of their clients' markets and brands. They utilise econometrics and maps and this service supports marketing and brand managers with their planning and decision making. The results of their analysis into how advertising works are used to generate more effective advertising campaigns for their clients.
As part of the project team, under the guidance of senior members within that team, you will prepare and analyse data and aid in the building of econometric models, whilst learning and following procedures and working practices. After the initial training period, which is typically 4 to 8 weeks, this company will aim to get you involved in real client projects as soon as possible. The actual work obviously varies with your experience and the client's needs.
You will receive an initial induction period, followed by hands on experience of data sources, regional analysis, media service, demand theory, advertising, computer skills and econometric theory.
- To learn and use procedures and working practices
- Analysis of data
- Aid in building of Econometric Models (under guidance)
- Assist in the production of presentations
- To attend both internal and external meetings during a project
- Undertake other duties as required.
Your career path can progress from a Trainee Marketing Analyst, to an Analyst, Senior Analyst, Project Manager, Associate Director, and then Director status.
- A 2.1 or above Economics or statistical degree, or a further degree having specialised in econometrics or economics with statistics
- A good performance in Mathematics A-level
- At least 2 strong econometrics or statistics modules to a detailed level
- An interest in marketing or another language would be a significant advantage
- Initiative, enthusiasm and a creative approach to analytical problem-solving
- Thorough and precise worker with a high attention to detail
- Self motivated and proactive
- Good interpersonal skills
- Team player
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again
Interested In Making Money Referring Friends To Us?
Here at the Graduate Recruitment Bureau you can search for some of the best graduate jobs in the UK and many abroad too. Our unique graduate career matchmaking service will ensure that you are finding out about the best opportunities which includes the hidden job market, where you can uncover graduate schemes that are not normally advertised to the public. Use our graduate job search to find jobs by industry and by region or a combination of the two. When you find a role that you are interested in, please make sure that first you have created a free account and uploaded a CV, and then click apply. Your application will be sent to one of our specialist consultants dealing with the role who will then be in touch via email or phone within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Make sure you get your search for graduate jobs off to a great start by using our job advice section. There you will find CV templates, cover letter templates, past interview questions, psychometric testing, guides on networking and much more.